Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums

Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums (http://productforum.autorepairdata.com/forum/index.php)
-   Modis User Forum (http://productforum.autorepairdata.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Altusdrive authorization key? (http://productforum.autorepairdata.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13313)

sledfreek76 11-05-2018 05:36 AM

Altusdrive authorization key?
 
Hello, Im disappointed.... Bought a thermal camera and a Modis Edge and cannot get thru the Altudrive Authorization key it asks for. I dont have one! Was not given one! Where is this authorization key located? Thankyou:mad::mad:

Steve6911 11-05-2018 08:22 AM

Have you tried calling the help desk? 1-800-424-7226

With the Modis edge the info should be in Tools on the main menu and then Altus setup. I don't have the newer Thermal camera so I can't comment on that tool.

Rich Shepherd 11-05-2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6911 (Post 62576)
Have you tried calling the help desk? 1-800-424-7226

With the Modis edge the info should be in Tools on the main menu and then Altus setup.

Starting with 18.4 software

Witsend 11-05-2018 10:23 AM

What ?:eek:Authorization key , just to email pre and post scan reports? Sounds like some convoluted 2nd party service that will require you keep your software subscriptions current or you'll be sending photos of your screens with your smart phone.:(

Steve6911 11-05-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witsend (Post 62581)
What ?:eek:Authorization key , just to email pre and post scan reports? Sounds like some convoluted 2nd party service that will require you keep your software subscriptions current or you'll be sending photos of your screens with your smart phone.:(


Yes an Authorization key. There needs to be some way of telling who's scanner is sending in a report and a way for it to go into your account and not someone else's. As it keeps all your uploads unless you delete them. Do you have a better way???

Witsend 11-05-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Yes an Authorization key. There needs to be some way of telling who's scanner is sending in a report and a way for it to go into your account and not someone else's. As it keeps all your uploads unless you delete them. Do you have a better way???
I guess It be a good way for Snappy to cover their butt against liability from What IF potential damage that could happen from malware or a Virus sent via a Verus if pre scanned for malware beforehand by a second party site, and all sent files a shop owner wants his customer information staying confidential from his employees using the shop scanner but don't seem to make sense if the scanner is your personal scanner you just want to send a report to Joe Smoe you know directly and not have to call and advise him not to delete some files in his Spam box sent from some Altusdrive.com site relegated as Spam and also be dependent on a having a current software sub for the feature to even be able to work, just to send a scan report by email?

Steve6911 11-05-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witsend (Post 62584)
I guess It be a good way for a shop owner to keep and ensure his customer information stays confidential from his employees using the shop scanner but don't seem to make sense if the scanner is your personal scanner you just want to send a report to Joe Smoe you know directly and not have to call and advise him not to delete some files in his Spam box sent from some Altusdrive.com site relegated as Spam and also be dependent on a having a current software sub for the feature to even be able to work, just to send a scan report by email?


You do not seem to have an understanding of how this works. How would it keep customers information away from employee? The code scan is still on the tool as well. It is a cloud based tool were you can keep your files instead of on the tool or PC. Here is how I use it, say I have a mobile job, I go to the shop and run my code scan, I do what I have to and then run another code scan showing the work is complete. I go into the shops office, log onto my account and print out the reports. No need to have SSC on their PC or go back to my shop to print and fax it, or no need to put it on my PC to email it. It's fast and simple and as you proclaim to be a bottom feeder you should like the fact that I am using the other shops printer ink or toner and not mine.

sbreland73 11-05-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6911 (Post 62590)
as you proclaim to be a bottom feeder you should like the fact that I am using the other shops printer ink or toner and not mine.

HaHA. It's harder for someone who does not have the tool in front of them, or has never held one to fully comprehend some of these discussions.

Steve6911 11-05-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Shepherd (Post 62578)
Starting with 18.4 software


THANKS for adding that in for me Rich!

Witsend 11-05-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

You do not seem to have an understanding of how this works. How would it keep customers information away from employee? The code scan is still on the tool as well. It is a cloud based tool were you can keep your files instead of on the tool or PC. Here is how I use it, say I have a mobile job, I go to the shop and run my code scan, I do what I have to and then run another code scan showing the work is complete. I go into the shops office, log onto my account and print out the reports. No need to have SSC on their PC or go back to my shop to print and fax it, or no need to put it on my PC to email it. It's fast and simple and as you proclaim to be a bottom feeder you should like the fact that I am using the other shops printer ink or toner and not mine.
Reply With Quote
I delete my Max Cyst history clutter after 6 months, I could save the Sh@t to Cloud , but no need for any cloud, unless the cloud be coming off some good Sh@t:p;)Yes, ,.i love direct emailing reports to save paper and ink.
Folk been sending Pre Scan and Post scan reports in PDF form directly to customers email since 2013 and the Cyst Pro is already discontinued History and no longer made. I have seen a lot of videos and I love the Zeus and the Edge but probably not be able to keep the update subscription current to keep all the internet based features that make it cool to continue to function after update period is over. I assume after the update is expired , there still will be a way to save and e mail customers reports from the tablet if you can no longer have access to the Altusdrive.com cloud? :cool:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:44 AM.


Snap-on is a trademark, registered in the United States and other countries, of Snap-on Incorporated. Other marks are marks of their respective holders.
©2009 Snap-on Incorporated. All rights reserved.