Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums

Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums (http://productforum.autorepairdata.com/forum/index.php)
-   Verus User Forum (http://productforum.autorepairdata.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   NEW VERUS (http://productforum.autorepairdata.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12414)

Witsend 09-15-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Id be interested to see how stable the scope is in a pop out window while still using scanner functions.
Reply With Quote
Ability to overlay and merge the scope pattern and the scanner Pid over one another like a graph merge be pretty cool , maybe move the scope pattern to the right or left , zoom in or out as needed to compensate for differences in image display size and processing times between data pid and scope. :cool:

Tech_A 09-18-2017 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witsend (Post 58132)
Ability to overlay and merge the scope pattern and the scanner Pid over one another like a graph merge be pretty cool , maybe move the scope pattern to the right or left , zoom in or out as needed to compensate for differences in image display size and processing times between data pid and scope. :cool:

I believe the old VAG ODIS had a known good overlay on screen for scope graphing.

Maybe with enough subscriptions this idea could come true, but i feel like its already been developed somewhere by some aftermarket performance/race applications.

if you have an android device you should check out how the graphing works in the google science journal app. The scaling on the pinch and zoom is seamless.

Lit4life 07-03-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witsend (Post 57984)
I think Snappy should just give you the capability to attach a 1TB USB external hard drive to the entire Snap on Edge line up and download the the entire Sure Trak Trouble shooter data base onto the external hard drive, so you don't have to be dependent on the internet at all or having a current update, to access the troubleshooter that once was built into the software cartridges that never timed out.You never know when and where you'll have to repair something.;)

I agree wholeheartedly!

Turbo1dr 09-29-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusty (Post 58060)

Ultimately, when the 'net is down, or not even available, it's just you-n-me, in the bay, with the car broken, and a solution needed. A reliable and secure solution, right away. Not in an hour or two, not in a day or two, not in a week or two, but NOW.

If our equipment can't provide that it isn't worth the price of a roll of toilet paper.

Unfortunately, the way things are going, everything that's now locally installed on your PC's hard drive or in this case, the scan tool will be internet based only. There will be no local installations of programs...only internet based programs. There will be a basic software operating system installed on your device that can only access internet based programs that will require subscriptions. Once everything has cellular connectivity or satellite based internet connection, those will be the only way you will be able to access those programs and the information.

Witsend 09-29-2018 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wouldn't all the car companies and the Tool Companies just love to have everyone of us lined up and bending over barrels when that day arrives?:mad:

Wheel 10-06-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo1dr (Post 62341)
Unfortunately, the way things are going, everything that's now locally installed on your PC's hard drive or in this case, the scan tool will be internet based only. There will be no local installations of programs...only internet based programs. There will be a basic software operating system installed on your device that can only access internet based programs that will require subscriptions. Once everything has cellular connectivity or satellite based internet connection, those will be the only way you will be able to access those programs and the information.

That will end aftermarket scan tools if that happens. I wouldn't even want one for free that couldn't function independent of the internet.

Crusty 10-07-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheel (Post 62405)
That will end aftermarket scan tools if that happens. I wouldn't even want one for free that couldn't function independent of the internet.

The TOTAL RELIANCE on the internet isn't going to work out well.
Virus', scrambled 0's & 1's, interruptions, CONSTANT "revisions" (which are really bubble gum patches for bad software, can you say MICRO-JUNK-?), the list goes on.
Sure, use the technology but don't rely on it exclusively....
The "smart phones" are making people dumber-!!

Crusty 10-07-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo1dr (Post 62341)
Unfortunately, the way things are going, everything that's now locally installed on your PC's hard drive or in this case, the scan tool will be internet based only. There will be no local installations of programs...only internet based programs. There will be a basic software operating system installed on your device that can only access internet based programs that will require subscriptions. Once everything has cellular connectivity or satellite based internet connection, those will be the only way you will be able to access those programs and the information.

That's one reason I have so many old computers......


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Snap-on is a trademark, registered in the United States and other countries, of Snap-on Incorporated. Other marks are marks of their respective holders.
©2009 Snap-on Incorporated. All rights reserved.