Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tech25
    • Oct 2017

Wrong Fault code description for Audi.

Hello, I had a 2013 Audi A7, replaced the steering angle sensor module assembly, coded it fine and performed steering angle sensor fine.

However I had a yellow steering wheel symbol on the dash, did some research and found this was for electric power steering assist. The fault code I got from my solus ultra with 18.2 stated fault related to air spring, this car can have 4 airbags for suspension or 4 metal springs, this car has 4 metal springs so this fault code did not make any sense to me.

the fix was the end stops where not learned, with engine running I locked the steering wheel all the way to the right and held for about 4 seconds until I heard a chime, then all the way left lock, until I heard a chime, the light went out and dtc cleared itself, system works as designed.

please make sure the fault code and fault description is correct for this model and system.

thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tech25; 05-17-2018, 05:44 AM.
  • landroverman1958
    • Feb 2010

Hiya we have had that problem in the uk for a few years,with whatever software/scanner that may be connected to the car of a snap-on make,you can actually do the end stop learn with no scanner connected,
    Ihave found this out using a modis verus1

Comment

• tech25
      • Oct 2017

yes, i was able to do a end stop, but thats not the concern, the concern is that the fault code and description I believe are wrong, and I would like snap on to be aware of it so they can correct it in the service release update. Maybe contact them directly or can someone here forward it to the proper channels?

and just found another issue today too, a 2006 E60 M5, when doing a complete code scan, at the very end, at 100 % the solus ultra shows a error message and i dont get the final code scan report.

again.. does anyone here monitor this or can forward these concern. would be nice to have these bugs addressed.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tech25; 05-17-2018, 01:52 PM. Reason: added picture of BMW fault

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Yes Adam these forums are monitored. For the second vehicle I will need the VIN also if possible. When time permits I will forward these to the correct person.
        THANK YOU!

Comment

• tech25
          • Oct 2017

Thank you, I also attached a screen shot of the fault ( on my previous post ) i got when i did a complete code scan on a 2006 BMW E60 M5 VIN WBSNB93536B582063, code scan was going correctly and then at 100% instead of getting a report, i got this error message. please report this too.

thanks again.
          Last edited by tech25; 05-17-2018, 01:56 PM. Reason: added vin

Comment

• Steve6911
            • Feb 2007

Awesome! THANK YOU for the extra information!

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Snappy should reimburse him for his past expense of unlocking his European software for doing Consultative Beta testing and forwarding the information.

Comment

• tech25
                • Oct 2017

Lol that would be nice but not expecting that, I will just be happy if these, and other issues get fixed in the service release

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                  • Apr 2011

Happens to me a lot. Not just BMW but other cars as well. Honda, etc. I have never made a complain bc I just ignore it and reboot, reboot reboot. I hope they fix these bugs one day. I also get the occasional "INVALID SD CARD". LOL Whatever

Comment

• tech25
                    • Oct 2017

hope I wasn't too late on the bug reports because service release 18.2.1 came out. I updated the solus ultra.

however I can not find any documentation stating what this release fixes or addresses.

anyone know what this update is for?

thanks

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

hope I wasn't too late on the bug reports because service release 18.2.1 came out. I updated the solus ultra.

however I can not find any documentation stating what this release fixes or addresses.

anyone know what this update is for?

thanks
                      I think it it is for the web master to be able to remotely take screen shots of you through the Verus camera so Snappy's hired hit men know who to take out those talkin Sh@t. That's why I always attach a small piece of microfilm with random picture over my web camera. Just Post key words Like Mission, Objective, Target, Allah be Praised and Fifty High Clearance Windows Security guys probably will be looking through a pair of .....on microfilm

Comment

• Crusty
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
                        I think it it is for the web master to be able to remotely take screen shots of you through the Verus camera so Snappy's hired hit men know who to take out those talkin Sh@t. That's why I always attach a small piece of microfilm with random picture over my web camera. Just Post key words Like Mission, Objective, Target, Allah be Praised and Fifty High Clearance Windows Security guys probably will be looking through a pair of .....on microfilm
                        You hung your butt over the photocopier, didn't you....

Comment

• tech25
                          • Oct 2017

I guess the next update will include more motorcycles...

bmw
                          ducati
                          honda
                          indian
                          kawasaki
                          suzuki
                          victory
                          yamaha

if anyone has bikes this will be cool in the future...wonder how connectors and cables will work out.

Comment

Working...