X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Blue tooth J-boxes

I see there is now a Cardaq 3 Plus with Bluetooth offered now. Can these forgo the USB cables between a Windows Blue Tooth equipped Window's PC during actual programming events , or just allow the convenience of using the J-box as a wireless VCI using the OE diagnostic software off a laptop?
    I know the Maxi Flash Elite J2534 already serves as a Bluetooth VCI to the Android Maxi Cyst Pro tablet but not sure it would also work as a Blue tooth VCI off a Bluetooth Windows Laptop?
    I would hate to unpair it from the Android scan tool and then connect it wire-lessly to a Blue tooth Windows Laptop and then find out afterwards I can no longer pair it back again to being a VCI for it's Android based Scan tool anymore .Anyone know
    Last edited by Witsend; 02-14-2019, 04:14 PM.
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
    I would hate to unpair it from the Android scan tool and then connect it wire-lessly to a Blue tooth Windows Laptop and then find out afterwards I can no longer pair it back again to being a VCI for it's Android based Scan tool anymore .:
    Really??? You would attempt to root the tablet,but are scared to unpair the VCI?

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Really??? You would attempt to root the tablet,but are scared to unpair the VCI?
      Lost my courage to experiment with the J2534 VCI , because Well , that still works as a J box

Comment

• phill57
        • Oct 2007

Wireless programming

I've used a Ford VCM2 wireless over WiFi and IDS to program a Ford but the GM MDI2 which could have the same capability does not allow wireless programming of the vehicle computers and SPS from GM. I believe as long as the cable doesn't get disturbed it would be more secure then WiFi or bluetooth. Too many potential variables.

Comment

• jm43130
          • Apr 2008

Gm does allow MDI2 to wirelessly program, that's all I have ever used. My MDI2 came with wifi dongles that are setup during installation. I only use usb cable when MDI2 needs updated. I don't know if they suggest wireless programming, but Drewtech and the new Snapon Pass Through Pro 4 have Bluetooth available as a add on, but they specifically only recommend it for diagnosis only, not reprogramming.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

I was curious and called AES wave about the Car Daq 3 plus with blue tooth. He seemed to believe the blue tooth feature allows for wireless diagnostics but the programming still requires a cable between.
            I asked about whether or not the Maxi FlashPro/ Elites also offers wireless bluetooth diagnostics from off a Windows laptop and he believes they still need a cable. I will ask Autel if it can be done yet and if not, if there are plans to update the VCI software and drivers soon to allow it.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

I asked about whether or not the Maxi FlashPro/ Elites also offers wireless bluetooth diagnostics from off a Windows laptop and he believes they still need a cable. I will ask Autel if it can be done yet and if not, if there are plans to update the VCI software and drivers soon to allow it.
              Edit/Delete Message
              I asked some @..... Consultancy guy whether their J boxes VCI bluetooth that connect to their paired Android Scanners also can allow one to connect wirelessly to a bluetooth Windows laptop for Diagnostics with an OE program and he said No, but I'm thinking it's just a matter of them developing the necessary drivers to do it.

Comment

Working...