Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orlando
    • Feb 2011

ford reflash

I need help to figure out what it is wrong with a reflash on a 2008 ford E350 6.0VIN 1FTSE34P38DA38359 it keeps telling me Error Code:0 -0x0 851082 and i can not finish flashing a new FICM, it was brought to me from another shop and they are replacing it because it is not activating the turbo, any help its appriciated. I have FMP 84 OO A in my PC
  • Trindaddy
    • Jan 2010

How far do you get? At what point does the error occur? Are you aware that medium speed can modules are not programmable using j2534 tool? Remove and re-install FMP if it is more than a few months old.

What part of the "turbo" system is not being activated? Is there an activation test for wastegate or related using 'functional test' on your scan tool? Codes? Just curious.

After looking on Shop Key, I can't find any indication that it IS a programmable module. Doesn't show it on the network diagram either, though I can see the CAN lines in the wiring diagram. No indication of what speed CAN it is either. If you dont get a fast response here, call the support # on the Motorcraft site. HTH

Neil

Comment

• Bob's Garage
      • Nov 2007

There's no support # to call, unfortunately. You'll have to go to the Motorcraft website and send them a help request. They will e-mail you back. It can take days to fix an issue.

To be honest, I usually solve the issue by the time they do mail back. Mail them early in the day if possible. Mailing them later in the day means a letter back the next day.

Updating seems to solve most errors. I see a lot of server issues, "try back in 10 minutes". Sometimes it even works...

Comment

• diesel71
        • Feb 2008

reinstall your fmp programe, there was a update this week.
        you need to use programable module instalation being they installed the new module. make sure you remove the ficm relay when asked to by the fmp programing.

Comment

• orlando
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by diesel71
          reinstall your fmp programe, there was a update this week.
          you need to use programable module instalation being they installed the new module. make sure you remove the ficm relay when asked to by the fmp programing.
          thanks everybody for the help and you are right, i first try with FMP 82 00, just lazy i did not want to uninstall it but i had to do it anyway because it did not work, i went to the motorcraft website on monday afternoon and i down loaded FMP 84 OOA automaticly i could not get it to work i could not reflash the module and on tuesday afternoon as a last attemp to try reflashing the FICM i went back to the motorcraft website to findout that we are at FMP 85 00 then the reflash worked perfectly with the new FMP, thanks again.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by orlando
            thanks everybody for the help and you are right, i first try with FMP 82 00, just lazy i did not want to uninstall it but i had to do it anyway because it did not work, i went to the motorcraft website on monday afternoon and i down loaded FMP 84 OOA automaticly i could not get it to work i could not reflash the module and on tuesday afternoon as a last attemp to try reflashing the FICM i went back to the motorcraft website to findout that we are at FMP 85 00 then the reflash worked perfectly with the new FMP, thanks again.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN ! I get tired of updating IDS. I usually let mine go as long as possible. I wish they could slow down on the # of versions. But, if you don't update, lots of problems seem to occur.

Comment

Working...