Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigredpride83
    • Jan 2012

Trouble flashing Hyundai

today I had a 01 Hyundai elantra, auto trans 2.0L come in the shop for intermittent 2nd to 3rd gear extended shifting. After a lot of driving and checking all pids. And doing all my checks.Found a TSB for reflash for this very problem. So hooked up my ptp2, along with with snap on battery charger. Began service, I know it will ask for secondary power supply on hyundai's, but on this model it's not needed. Everything began as usual. Than rom error message popped up. Checked all connections and internet all good. Tried again without success. Long story short lost the sale and possibly a customer. This isn't the first time I have had this problem with Hyundai, but have done other Hyundai's with success. Any advice would be much appreciated. Heard alot of horror story's when it comes to flashing on any make of vechicle. Knock on wood I've done over 100 mostly with no problems.
  • flashguy
    • Jun 2013

Im having the same problem and i cant seem to find an answer for it.

Comment

• Steve6911
      • Feb 2007

Just had the same problem yesterday on a 2002 Sonata 2.7L
      Still trying to find the reason myself, if anyone comes up with the answer PLEASE post it!

Steve

Comment

• Earl Davis
        • Jan 2009

This is and indication the module has been updated and no new update is available.

Here is some good information on this subject.

This forum is for discussions about flash reprogramming using J2534 compliant devises.

Here is some good information on this subject.

I can not find the document right now from the manufacturer but I have read it somewhere when I had this same issue.HTH

Comment

Working...