Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MonzaRacer
    • May 2008

OK new issue I will have to deal with after paying off verdict

My scope meter won't charge the battery, bought charger from dealer, works fine connected. Am I Sol, and gonna have to send it in? My Vantage Pro just had to have $853 main board replaced!?!?!?! Another tech in shop, no longer with company dropped it on floor, got to point wouldn't read cf card.
    Do t want to buy another meter or pay for fix, or do these not charge battery if pack is bad?
    Well $550 awY from paying off Verdict, and now boss won't stand by deal with me taking position farther away, and scanner committee g with me, so scrapping every extra cent up to throw down and pay it off quicker. Then he can suck it or fire me.
    Moved me from old shop to another shop in same town then laid me off then offered me position in shop 84 miles from home instead of 45miles, but got $1 hr raise, $20 a day in gas allowance, so I am working hrdcto get all caught up and scanner paid off quick, then he can't screw me over.if he fires me.
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

I'd try a new battery,look around online after you pull, it may find a deal on one.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

If the AC Adapter is what charges the verdict battery, have you tested it to see if it puts out what it's rated to do ?

1pc AC Adapter and 1pc Power Cord Whole Set. Output Protection: Complete OVP, OCP, SCP Protection OCP: Over Current output Protection. SCP: Short Circuit output Protection. Safety Approval: CE, CCC, RoHS.

Comment

• MonzaRacer
        • May 2008

No the Verdict uses,,,

The Verdict tablet uses same power supply my old Toshiba laptop uses, I have three of those. The M2 scope/meter uses a special power supply connector and I bought power supply from snap on dealer.
        Verdict is working fine, just gotta finish paying it off to my shop owner/boss as he helped me to buy this unit to replace stolen Solus Ultra.
        He thinks he is gonna snooker me out of this unit but I'll darn near sell my cat and a kidney more just to stick it to him.
        He thinks he is gonna come out with a $9000 Verdict, bad thing is it is outside loyalty period and I have sent him links to several good used Snap On scanner deals, all with 15.2 even.
        So guess I get it paid off, I'll just call tech support and get battery part nu!her for scope. Also still working on paying on Vantage Pro repair. And transferring to new dealer.

Comment

• BMW JEDI
          • Feb 2012

Geezus..... Sometimes fixing cars is the easy part of this job, eh?

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Bottom feed sourcing an auxillary lith ion power source an option?

If it has the typical 12 volt AC adapter connection , have you considered just piggy back velcroing on an external rechargeable lith ion battery and plug into the AC adapter port. There appears to be an improved version of the 12 v external battery similar to the one I power my DS708 with that has led's and also a 5 volt source besides for about $10 more than I paid for mine.

Tips, tricks, questions and suggestions... If you want to talk codes, data, functional tests and troubleshooter, this is the place!

Comment

• MonzaRacer
              • May 2008

No the m2 meter runs a 4.8 v battery, I have been toying with building an external charge port and using the power supply to charge the battery. If the meter works fine I guess I won't send it in. But it really depends on finances. I'm down to $525 on Verdict, and still owe $853 on Vantage Pro repair.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                Snap-on DSD
                • Aug 2007

It took a little digging, but I finally found it.

Part number for the M2 Battery: EEDM650CBAT

It is available through your dealer.
                It is not available through the website for some reason.

You should be able to change it yourself.

Joe
                "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                Henry Ford

Comment

• MonzaRacer
                  • May 2008

Battery for M2

So I built a NiMh battery pack from Harbor Freight rechargeables and Radio Shack AA battery holders.
                  Turned out 2 of the stock cells in battery pack were junk. I now have 2 sets of batteries, and desktop charger.
                  since HF is 2 doors down I am gonna stock up on rechargeables. Besides i do have lots of tools that use batteries!
                  So far it seems to work, guess i need to start building my waveform database again till i get Vantage Pro back.

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by MonzaRacer
                    So I built a NiMh battery pack from Harbor Freight rechargeables and Radio Shack AA battery holders.
                    Turned out 2 of the stock cells in battery pack were junk. I now have 2 sets of batteries, and desktop charger.
                    since HF is 2 doors down I am gonna stock up on rechargeables. Besides i do have lots of tools that use batteries!
                    So far it seems to work, guess i need to start building my waveform database again till i get Vantage Pro back.
                    That's cool. Witsend has some "outside the box" ideas, and most of the time I agree with him. The way you two have figured this out is sustainable too.

You mentioned having to build your waveform library again. Make sure whatever files you save, waveforms, screenshots, data movies, get copied and transferred to a couple of outside places such as other computers, USB sticks, and portable hard drives.

When using a computer, you can make use of ShopStream Connect, which is a fantastic program you can download from this site to view your saved files. SSC has come a long way in the last few years and makes the SnapOn equipment just that much more user friendly to gather and review information.

Back up your files.

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

Battery for M2
                      I saw portable 12V Lithium ion battery that has a 5v USB output that if you stripped and modified a USB cable wires to properly attach + and - internally maybe be sufficient gauge to power that meter for about $33 that would last longer than 3 or 4 AA Ni -Cad ones. Good job bottom feeding though.
                      I Don't like to spend more than $50 and and an hour of my time to get any fancy meter working again when I can get a new Cent Check Deluxe one at Port Cargo that I should be able to read my IQ in Luminens.LOL
                      As for collecting waveforms , maybe instead, you can buy a one month individual IATN premium member ship for $19 and search the wave form library over there.

Last edited by Witsend; 10-23-2015, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• MonzaRacer
                        • May 2008

well

so I got 4 AA nimh batteries,two AA holders and used 9v connectors, tied it into old battery harness. Turns out half original batt pack was bad.
                        Anyway it even turns out the meter still charges batteries so all is good. It runs for about 2.5 to 3 hrs.
                        And thats the lower capacity batteries, still have 4 of higher capacity set also.
                        I still havent gotten Vantage Pro back yet, but so far Vantage mt2400 and M2 seem to serve well.
                        I also just ordered the charge cradle and will start on my diag set up on my tool box.

Comment

Working...