Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

Chrysler OEM Programming/Diagnostic Tool

So the question is, I have seen these micropods on ebay selling for $1,500. What is the deal? Do I need to be a dealer to access it? Is it a monthly fee? Can a small shop like me own one and use it to program/diagnose? Or is it that only dealers can use these tools? I'm not sure what the tool the dealers use to program/diagnose. Anyone shed light on this subject for me. I would love to flash and program with an original chrysler tool, but not sure how this would work.
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

This should help you out a bit. What you see on Ebay is most likely a clone

AE Tools offers diagnostic tools for the modern vehicle, including Electronic Vehicle Charging Solutions (EV), Laptops and Tablets, OEM Tools, Locksmithing Tools and much more.

Steve

Comment

• longhungsilver
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Steve6911
      This should help you out a bit. What you see on Ebay is most likely a clone

AE Tools offers diagnostic tools for the modern vehicle, including Electronic Vehicle Charging Solutions (EV), Laptops and Tablets, OEM Tools, Locksmithing Tools and much more.

Steve
      I second this statement. Got my micro pod from ae tools a few months ago. I think it was about $3000. Worth every penny

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
        • Apr 2011

What do you have to do once you get it? Does the software com installed already or is it something u have to buy? How about programming? Is it the samething like buying the 3 day subscription or is it yearly a must?

Comment

• Steve6911
          • Feb 2007

Jorge

Go to the link I gave you, scroll down. On the left hand side under "Makes" go to Chrysler. Click on MircoPod II. It has all the info that you are looking for.

Steve

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
            • Apr 2011

I see. Thanks man!

Comment

• jables2006
              • Dec 2015

does anybody know if I could use my verus edge as the cpu to run the micropod? or do I need another laptop. Thanks, Alex.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

does anybody know if I could use my verus edge as the cpu to run the micropod? or do I need another laptop. Thanks, Alex.
                Probably could , but you probably paid over $8000 for it and I don't think a 64 gb SSD on something hardware wise that is about on par with a $400 windows tablet would be as good a choice as using a $400 windows 7 laptop with a much larger hard drive capacity

Comment

• jables2006
                  • Dec 2015

True. Just looking at toughbooks etc. Aetools builds a sweet one but 3k US is a bit hard to swallow for us guys north of the border.

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

True. Just looking at toughbooks etc. Aetools builds a sweet one but 3k US is a bit hard to swallow for us guys north of the border.
                    If they custom built an I7 one with scanner cable ports and attachment cable points for an verus scope module and clone a 15.4 Gen one Verus to run in a virtual box off a drive partition on it , it might be almost worth it. , but to me it would still be a toss up between having that or getting a maxi Cyst with a vantage ultra and a $400 Laptop .

Comment

• longhungsilver
                      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by jables2006
                      I know what you mean. We bought our micropod off them last year and thought hard about their laptop. We ended up going with a lenova I7 laptop instead for 600 bucks. Easier to swallow but its not tough and you gotta be careful with it.

Comment

Working...