FJDS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

Won't the subscription end sunday night?

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Are you programming two keys ? Anti theft codes ?

Comment

• Tech10
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by orlando
        i am programing a 2008 f550 PCM using A 2008 F350 used PCM and i am having issues with the antytheft , any idea why
        You should always start with the same tear tag if possible but if the hardware is the same it will be compatible. Have you done the PMI and has it completed successfully "Calibration has been loaded and checked."? I believe not all these trucks have PATS I normally try to start and run the engine after the PMI and if it starts and stays running no security "PATS" function needed.

Comment

• orlando
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Steve6911
          Still the same issue?
          yes same issue, subscription expired and i order another PCM i think this one it is not good it gives a bunch of codes it did not have before i cleared them and they come back may be wrong PCM i let you know when i get the other computer.

Comment

• orlando
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by greasybob
            Are you programming two keys ? Anti theft codes ?
            all i get it is parameter reset after the 10 minutes wait, may be i am doing something wrong, when i put the original pcm back all i need to do it is parameter reset to get it to start.

Comment

• Steve6911
              • Feb 2007

Being the trucks are different and the part numbers on the box are different are you sure this PCM will work in this truck?

Comment

• orlando
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Steve6911
                Being the trucks are different and the part numbers on the box are different are you sure this PCM will work in this truck?
                you are right i dont think it would, i didnt installed the PCM i found out after i was programing it that it was used and from an F350, i told them to get a new one this time, i will let you guys know how it goes.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                  • Apr 2011

Ah, no wonder. The part number is the way to go. Also, make sure the part comes out of the same type of car. But the numbers must match. Or it will never work. Good luck and keep us posted!

Comment

• orlando
                    • Feb 2011

New PCM no more problems, everything its working beautifully now, thank you all for helping me i appreciate it.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                      • Apr 2011

Even better! Glad everything worked out. Now you know how to flash/program PCM for ford. Used one would've worked if it was the same numbers. Maybe next time!

Comment

• orlando
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
                        Even better! Glad everything worked out. Now you know how to flash/program PCM for ford. Used one would've worked if it was the same numbers. Maybe next time!
                        good to know thanks

Comment

Working...