Solus Edge Recent Update Failed...HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pseudonymous
    • Feb 2018

Solus Edge Recent Update Failed...HELP!!!

Hello everyone,

I had the stock microSD card take a hit on me. NO, I don't have a back-UP, was robbed of my backups on a USB, grrrr....

So I got a new microSD card. Formatted it thru the SolusEdge without a problem. I then, updated my SOLUS Edge through Shop Stream Connect. Shop Stream connected, updated, and installed the following:

- BundleName=16.2
    - BuildNumber=1.6.1.17885

Unplugged the USB cable and rebooted. Upon reboot, I got a black screen with a beeping noise that reads "Software update failed". I also have a "Clock not set" error. I am able to get to the Service Menu by holding no,yes, & power buttons. The Service Menu has Utilities & ALTPRG13. When clicking on the Utilities option I have all 3 options: Connect to PC, Format uSD, and Prepare uSD for Recovery. I can still connect to the PC fine and see the SOLUSEDGE on the PC and through ShopStream. When I click on ALTPRG13 from the Service Menu the only option is to shut down. I'm not sure if the time issue is causing this or not. Is there any way to reset the time? I also might be missing files, but I tried to update twice already with the same results "Software update failed" with the clock issue as well. I have uploaded pics of the data on the microSD card and of the screen from the SOLUE Edge.

If anyone has encountered this problem before and has a fix or possibly the missing files, any help is much appreciated.
    Attached Files
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I thought the original software the newer units ship with have a recovery partition in the internal drive with the original software . Did you call tech support to see if they can be of any sort of assistance, and what did they say?

Comment

• tonyzbest
      • Oct 2018

clock not set

having the same issue after updating using shop stream.

Comment

• trevorfraley@ymail.com
        • Oct 2018

Originally posted by tonyzbest
        having the same issue after updating using shop stream.
        Same with me, I have done recovery by utilities menu and have yet to be back at a computer to try to update thru shopstream

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
          Snap-on D&I
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by trevorfraley@ymail.com
          Same with me, I have done recovery by utilities menu and have yet to be back at a computer to try to update thru shopstream
          Please call Customer Care for assistance.
          Contact information is available via the "Customer Care" link at the top right of the forum home page.

Comment

Working...