Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

Nissan Flashing Questions

Hello, I'm new here and was wondering if someone could answer some of my nissan flashing questions.

First, how do you go about flashing a nissan ECU/PCM/ECM?
    Do you have to buy that 200+ program and then buy the data for the ECU/PCM/ECM as well?

I've never done a nissan since it looks like it requires you to purchase their flashing software and then download the data for the ECU/PCM/ECM. Or am I missing something?

Thank you for your help and advice. This is just for info, I'm not flashing a car right now. And yes, I have a windows xp sp2 x86 along with all the drivers for my PPTII. It's a dedicated PC, so no other apps are installed besides the ones I use for flashing.

I have many other questions if someone is kind enough to help me out and has patience. I started about 5 months ago and can say I only ran into 3 problems which I never resolved. Thank you again!!!
  • USpMD
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
    Hello, I'm new here and was wondering if someone could answer some of my nissan flashing questions.

First, how do you go about flashing a nissan ECU/PCM/ECM?
    Do you have to buy that 200+ program and then buy the data for the ECU/PCM/ECM as well?

I've never done a nissan since it looks like it requires you to purchase their flashing software and then download the data for the ECU/PCM/ECM. Or am I missing something?

Thank you for your help and advice. This is just for info, I'm not flashing a car right now. And yes, I have a windows xp sp2 x86 along with all the drivers for my PPTII. It's a dedicated PC, so no other apps are installed besides the ones I use for flashing.

I have many other questions if someone is kind enough to help me out and has patience. I started about 5 months ago and can say I only ran into 3 problems which I never resolved. Thank you again!!!
    You are correct, Nissan requires you to buy the software and install, then you can buy the flash files for the vehicle, for more info see
    "I wanna help the helpless, but I could careless about the clueless". Dennis Miller

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
      • Apr 2011

Ah, I was leaning towards that but wanted to make sure. Thank you for the fast reply.
      Now if u have another few minutes, If I have a car that the security light flashes and the car won't start, how can you go about fixing this?
      Do I have to flash the ECU/PCM/ECM?
      Or do I need some kind of tool to get into the cars security and have the key recognized?
      I had a car like that once and didn't know where to start since all I read on nissans site is that you can only write VIN's or flash the ECU/PCM/ECM. Any steps on how to fix this?
      Chevy is so easy since it has anti-theft relearn procedures. Ford has the security tab. But what about Nissan? Any thoughts? Thank you again.

Comment

• USpMD
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
        Ah, I was leaning towards that but wanted to make sure. Thank you for the fast reply.
        Now if u have another few minutes, If I have a car that the security light flashes and the car won't start, how can you go about fixing this?
        Do I have to flash the ECU/PCM/ECM?
        Or do I need some kind of tool to get into the cars security and have the key recognized?
        I had a car like that once and didn't know where to start since all I read on nissans site is that you can only write VIN's or flash the ECU/PCM/ECM. Any steps on how to fix this?
        Chevy is so easy since it has anti-theft relearn procedures. Ford has the security tab. But what about Nissan? Any thoughts? Thank you again.
        Your going to need a nissan consult scantool, nissan subscription, and locksmith access, see
        "I wanna help the helpless, but I could careless about the clueless". Dennis Miller

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
          • Apr 2011

Oh man, u just saved me from so many headaches. I tried to do it once, but never found any concrete info. I read that article, but wasn't sure about it. So I do need the Consult. Hmmmm, very expensive, plus the locksmith NASTF subscription. Another great answer. Thank you for that.
          Now for my last question, is there any way to get emulators for Nissan, DRBIII, Tech 2, etc. Or do you HAVE to purchase the tool. Thank you in advance and for your patience.

Comment

• Orevin
            • Aug 2010

There are aftermarket tools and scan tools that can do NATS resets, the Consult isn't really necessary. If you have a good relationship to your Nissan dealer, you might get the PINs required from them, so no LSID required. There is also software available that can calculate the PIN. For earlier Nissan/Infinity NATS systems, these numbers can even be found with a Google search.
            -Kai-
            Chicago, IL

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
              • Apr 2011

Thank you very much for that, I didn't know that. I will look everything you just wrote, since right now, I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I can say that I learned everything I know so far, by using google, asking people for help on forums and in real life and just good old reading. I sometimes can't really get something when I read them, not until I try it out or someone explains to me. So I appreciate your help. Thank you for time and patience. Regards, Chavez.

Comment

• hawzin
                • Mar 2016

nissan key programming

Originally posted by Orevin
                There are aftermarket tools and scan tools that can do NATS resets, the Consult isn't really necessary. If you have a good relationship to your Nissan dealer, you might get the PINs required from them, so no LSID required. There is also software available that can calculate the PIN. For earlier Nissan/Infinity NATS systems, these numbers can even be found with a Google search.
                hello , can you please let me know a model or name of that aftermarket tool ? also the pin calculator app or software you know ? thank you so much for any help .

Comment

Working...