Anybody carry insurance on there scan tool?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freeflow90
    • May 2012

Anybody carry insurance on there scan tool?

Was thinking of calling my insurance company to see if this is something that they can insure. I'm more worried about dropping it or theft rather than a software issue. Just wondering if anybody else has coverage and maybe what they pay.

Thanks
    Jordan
  • insanecheverolet
    • Apr 2012

The shop pays for it. It is covered under their contents policy. With what the damn thing and other tools I own cost, yes I am heavily insured.

Comment

• freeflow90
      • May 2012

But if I were to say drop it getting out of a car.. I do not think my company's insurance will pay.

Comment

• Earl Davis
        • Jan 2009

Here is a link to Pro-Tec insurance they specialize in tool and equipment coverage. Not sure if they cover dropping or running over with a car.

Get set up with a new domain name right away. Affordable payment plans to fit any budget. Friendly customer support.

Comment

• jm43130
          • Apr 2008

Just a card in mail from SO offering extended warranty coverage up to 3 years. Haven't talked to REP yet, but guess they figured out they ought to do something. Pamphlet says tool has to be still under a factory warranty to qualify for this. Don't know prices yet, but available thru your dealer.

Comment

• insanecheverolet
            • Apr 2012

I got one of those too. It's sitting on my desk until I talk to my dealer. you can also get a policy through your private carrier that will cover what ever you want it to. It just costs money.

Comment

Working...