Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eddie
    • Feb 2008

Verus Pro not supported by Drew Tech?

I bought a Cardaq M and when I tried to install it on my Verus, I received an error message saying I was missing a windows file. Called Drew tech support an the guy on the phone said not to use the Verus as a reflash platform. Advised I not use the Verus with my bosch unit either which is the same as the snap on pass through. Any one heard of this? Should I use a laptop instead?
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Hi Eddie,

You should definitely use a laptop, and if you do enough programming you will probably end up having to run multiple operating systems on it as well, which is something you wouldn't want to do on a Verus.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• jm43130
      • Apr 2008

The Snapon Pass Thru Pro is made by DrewTech. The Bosch reflasher is called a VCI, and GM, Ford, Honda, and afew others are using it as there proprietary diagnostic and flashing tool. Even though it is a Bosch made unit, each manufacturer has a little different "tweek" to there software, and you should run different operating systems on a laptop for each one, which is like partioning a harddrive, or like I did, purchase separate laptops. The reason being is they aren't compatible on same platform and cause problems.

Comment

• Eddie
        • Feb 2008

Thanks for the response, The bosch is the flasher pro which is a drew just like the snap on. It is a little older so it doesn't have a couple of circuits the units built in the last 18 months have but otherwise it is the same. I am finding out that it seems a laptop that is pretty much used only for this type of work with no virus software and limited exposure to the internet is the way to go. I was sold this unit by my rep to do just that. I am a little disappointed, however the tool is an amazing tool and works very well otherwise. Should have done my own research. I traded my Solus pro in on this tool. I have a Vantage already and I am not sure it is really better than what I had. I could have purchased a laptop, a pico scope and used my Cardaq M, to do more and would have spent less money. This is especially true when considering update costs.
        Last edited by Eddie; 09-02-2013, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Trindaddy
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jm43130
          The Snapon Pass Thru Pro is made by DrewTech. The Bosch reflasher is called a VCI, and GM, Ford, Honda, and afew others are using it as there proprietary diagnostic and flashing tool. Even though it is a Bosch made unit, each manufacturer has a little different "tweek" to there software, and you should run different operating systems on a laptop for each one, which is like partioning a harddrive, or like I did, purchase separate laptops. The reason being is they aren't compatible on same platform and cause problems.
          The original S.O. Pass thru Pro was made by Actia, and is essentially an Actia XS. The Pass Thru Pro 2 is made by Drew-Tech. Although it still works, the XS was discontinued around 4 yrs ago. It is still validated for use by most manufacturers but I have recently discovered the very newest and hybrid cars should make you pause.

Neil

Comment

Working...