Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kajay
    • Sep 2011

2006 Caravan

I have been trying for the passed 2 days to program this van. I can program the PCM and TCM but when I go to check all the system's the ABS is not communicating with my scanner and I have no light on the dash, the speedo is not working now yet was before the PCM was replaced. I did disconnect the BCM and ABS sa suggested in a previous thread and have been in contact with Chry tech with no real help. That being said any help here would be great.
  • diesel71
    • Feb 2008

what are you using to flash with? was this a used pcm?. you unhooked the bcm and abs modules so maybe double check your connection on the abs module. do you have power and grounds to and from the abs module?

Comment

• longhungsilver
      • Oct 2013

Yes good questions, was it a new or used PCM and why was it installed? Although i doubt that would have anything to do with no comm with the ABS module. Im wondering did a pin back out of the connector when you disconnected and reconnected the ABS module?

Comment

• K2356
        • Aug 2007

The joys of a passthru pro. There is many problems that one faces when using a jbox to do various programming jobs. Snapon needs help with this product and the lack of support adds to this situation. IMO Snapon needs to do more testing with this piece of equipment and compare it to the factory tooling so they can address these types of issues. It will help them determine if its the tools fault or something else.

In the case of the original poster I would think this is probably a new PCM and one of the possibilities is that the pinion factor might not be set correctly or the fact that the abs control module isn't communicating now might be the problem. Either way the question that you are now asking yourself is... Was it the passthru pro that caused this issue? Or is it a network problem? Or power or ground issue? When you have the factory tool... You can be fairly certain it wasn't the tools fault and if you need to check pinion factors and other misc tests or initialization you will have that ability. Everyone expects miracles from a jbox, the truth is it can't do everything you need It to do, it has limitations. I have had to rescue other shops that call for aid in correcting issues just like this. It now sounds like you might need to do the same thing. Sorry if the truth hurts.
        Kevin Suttorp[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...