Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

5.4 Cam Crank

Had an 07 F150 with codes P0340 and P0344. Bank one cam sensor circuit fault. Previous experience with this type of code on a Ford product tells me this is not a circuit problem but timing issue. Before beginning work I took a screen shot of the Cam Crank sync. After tear down I discovered the right bank timing chain guide broken. Replaced the timing components and toke another screen shot of the Cam Crank sync. Not sure if the broken guide caused the sync issue on its own or if the chain jumped but you can see the cam signal lagging behind in the first screen shot. All good now.
    Attached Files
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Cool, did the broken chain guide make noise and were you able to retrieve or account for all the pieces?

Comment

• BRIAN617
      • Dec 2016

A lot of those crumbled broken plastic guide pieces wind up stuck to the bottom of the oil pump sump. $600 dollars worth of timing components and phasers wasted on engine that would lose oil pressure when hot.

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

> 100K miles, Jasper reman.
        S. Breland

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

Nah, it was all accounted for. I always change the oil and flush the pan after any engine work ( valve covers, intakes, heads, timing covers). Besides, the owner had put off the repair for a few months. Wear marks in the timing cover but not through.
          Attached Files

Comment

• scottmechanics
            • Jun 2013

Good scope work

Nice job bob 👍

Comment

Working...