Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mini_Mjolnir
    • Nov 2017

Microsoft .NET Framework Error Messages, Verus Pro 17.4

Hi all, new here, owned my Pro since January 2016. Updated to 17.4 a couple weeks ago and now am seeing some problems.

#1, when I first start the scanner in the morning and the home screen loads, I click on 'scanner' and a Windows error box will pop up with a message about Microsoft .NET framework error. I usually just click 'continue' and the scanner works fine. This morning that didn't work. I had to restart the scanner 3 times before the software would work.

#2, now sometimes the scanner won't shut down. End of the day I go through the Start menu to shut the scanner down and it won't shut down. Try multiple times, no shutdown. I end up having to hold the power button to force it to turn off.

I've been reading here for a while and see where one member has upgraded his older Verus models to Windows 7. I'm not super computer literate but I do have a computer store (local business, not some doofy big box retailer) down the street from work and they are extremely knowledgeable and already said they would to the SSD swap for a very good price. So I want them to do the Windows 7 conversion as well. Is there any information they'll need in order to do that?
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

If you bought the Verus Pro new (not second hand) and it has been messing up ever since the new update, have you called support and inquired about a possible software patch that may need to be installed through SSC? Does the 17.4 update include support for resolving software and hardware issues while within the 6 month period of update and repair it or a swap out of the tablet with a brand new one for $500 deductible like the Chinese competition offers with something like Total Care update?)
    If support can't walk you through a fix I would try to navigate screen with a USB mouse versus touch screen or buttons and try to perform a scan disc or automatic windows repair. Maybe have your computer shop check the hard drive heath, Processor usage of various programs, memory processes,cooling fan operation, and all that Cr@p Geeks are good at.
    If I dropped over 7 Big Ones on a new scanner only 2 years ago and another $1,200 for a new update for it last month and it be acting all Windows Crashy on me , I'ld be Maxi Pysed

Comment

• bestdamgarage
      • Apr 2016

Call snap on and they will remote in if you have wireless at the shop

Comment

• Hueypilot23
        • Sep 2015

Try doing a windows update, maybe there a new .net framework.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

If it can handle all the service packs and windows updates and background Anti Virus running ,I'ld already say TGINAFT. (Thank God it's not already fried today)
          Start getting the Preparation H ready for The New AndthraXrhoid Based "Athena" replacing the 2 channel Verdict

Comment

• GypsyR
            • Jul 2017

I would try Windows Update first. I know there were some Framework updates for Win 7 Embedded. Maybe there are some for XP.
            As far as I know you can't upgrade an "embedded" operating system.

Comment

• Turbo1dr
              • May 2017

Originally posted by GypsyR
              As far as I know you can't upgrade an "embedded" operating system.
              Maybe not, but you can certainly get rid of it entirely and install a newer operating system like Windows 7 or Windows 10.
              VERUS Wireless EEMS325 - Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 10 - 256GB Solid State Drive - 5Ghz WiFi - 17.2 Diagnostic Suite

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Maybe not, but you can certainly get rid of it entirely and install a newer operating system like Windows 7 or Windows 10.
                Yeah , but the Archaic Proprietary Security for the Atlas Launch vehicle for the Diagnostic Software could go into Y2k Self Destruct mode on reentry to the 21st century.

Comment

Working...