COMPLETE information can't be entered very well

OK, so I asked ONE question.
    First time ever experiencing this....
    NOT very well laid out to include information in the original post

Here is what I entered....

P0327 no power - intermittent - 2009 VW Rabbit 2.5 automatic

This is what it accepted.....

P0327 no power intermittent 2009 VW Rabbit 2.5

Limiting the information doesn't help anyone. Especially in the subject line.

It was also a PITA while it did its' "SPELL CHECK" garbage-!!
    The SPELL CHECK is a joke and has been since inception.... like I need to sit there while it checks all the fields for proper spelling.

Nick. Either FIX THE SPELL CHECK OR REMOVE IT.
    Please. As it is, it only inhibits participation.
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

The subject line is limited to 10 "words" which would include the dashes. No need to include the vehicle in the subject line since it is selected in the vehicle picker.

I changed the subject line to remove the vehicle and put the one dash back in.

As for the spell checker. It went through without stopping for me. I don't know if you used it to correct any words in there and if not, why it would have slowed you down.
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

LOL... the dashes themselves are not really important other than to create a proper sense that the vehicle had P0327 code , no power, was intermittent, the year make and model, has a 2.5 litre engine, and that it was an automatic.
      Even VIN's can be a significant factor for what may be applicable for a repair. SnapOn should know by now how I feel about VIN's...LOL

The other extreme is... car, light on ......

When I started the "Question", I hadn't selected any vehicle yet and it wasn't very clear where to do this as the "fields" to fill in didn't have any that were for identifying the vehicle.

As for the spell check, no it didn't pause for any words to correct, but it did pause as it went from one "field" to another.

The whole thing felt cumbersome and had delays. It wasn't hard, just laden with things that weren't "intuitive", but then again, I'm an old fart... (you can tell when you're getting old when.... a wind breaker isn't a jacket, it's your nickname )

When responding to any thread, the spell check doesn't recognize anyone's name and it flags ordinary words that it doesn't "like" but it doesn't come up with any suggestions for that word either.

The spell check is still just as broken as it has been.....

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
        Administrator
        • Jan 2014

You can always add any needed additional vehicle information to the body of the post. I have made several changes to the spell checker to speed it up but I don't think any spell checker would make you happy. Unfortunately I cannot turn it off or give users the option to not use it at this time. In a future version of SureTrack we will be using a different spell check system.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

The whole thing felt cumbersome and had delays. It wasn't hard, just laden with things that weren't "intuitive", but then again, I'm an old fart... (you can tell when you're getting old when.... a wind breaker isn't a jacket, it's your nickname )

When responding to any thread, the spell check doesn't recognize anyone's name and it flags ordinary words that it doesn't "like" but it doesn't come up with any suggestions for that word either.

The spell check is still just as broken as it has been.....
          I think when you get those red squiggly line under the mis-spelled word and you right click over the word and it shows the correct spelling of the word you intended to type, there should be a feature where you left click on the correct spelling and it will automatically remove the misspelled word and install the correctly spelled word without you having to re-type anything. Maybe have a pop up of a little cartoon Adolf Hitler likeness Spelling Nazi Character with a pointer in front of blackboard with word choices to choose from, LOL

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
            I think when you get those red squiggly line under the mis-spelled word and you right click over the word and it shows the correct spelling of the word you intended to type, there should be a feature where you left click on the correct spelling and it will automatically remove the misspelled word and install the correctly spelled word without you having to re-type anything. Maybe have a pop up of a little cartoon Adolf Hitler likeness Spelling Nazi Character with a pointer in front of blackboard with word choices to choose from, LOL
            Sometimes it finds a word that is in fact misspelled and it will have suggestions to select from

Sometimes it finds words that are correctly spelled but it just doesn't like that word and it had NO suggestions......

Sometimes it finds words that are not correct and also has no suggestions

It's all over the map.... and no Im not talking about the squiggly lines either
            it's just been that piss poor from the start and I'm glad to hear that Nick and his guys are going to a different spell check program -!!!!!
            Should have done THAT a few years ago.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
              Administrator
              • Jan 2014

Just don't expect a new spell checker soon. Probably won't be until the end of the year.

Also, the red squiggly lines are coming from your browser's spell check, not SureTrack. We have no control over what the browsers do. You may be able to change it in the browser settings.

Here is another thing to know about the current spell checker. When you click "Add to dictionary" it is adding the words to everyone's dictionary. It should have never been doing that and that dictionary is full of garbage. That's why it doesn't trip up on some misspelled words.

Comment

• Crusty
                • Dec 2007

Nick, I'm not talking about the squiggly lines AT ALL-!

The dictionary never was any good either.

Like I said, they should have gone to another spell check program a long time ago.....

Comment

• maven
                  • Mar 2014

I gave up on using, and for the most part, complaining about the spellchecker months ago.

I just click finish once it lets me.(hopefully it hasn't been stuck trying to check the spelling for 30-45 seconds as I stare at a fogged "thinking" screen that I cant exit out of.)

Comment

• ericsautomotive
                    • Mar 2014

Spell check

I switch my system over to Google Chrome and the spell check improved 1000%....... Just sayin, Eric's
                    Don't guess! Test !!

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

End result be a Gothic looking Byzantine Cluster of Hotmail , hyphens, Ebonics, and Arabic to sort through. ROFL

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Crusty
                        Nick, I'm not talking about the squiggly lines AT ALL-!

The dictionary never was any good either.

Like I said, they should have gone to another spell check program a long time ago.....
                        I was responding to Witsend on the squiggly lines.

Comment

• Witsend
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2012

I use Firefox. If I type something it believes is mi-spelled I see the red squiggly line beneath the suspect word. I right click and see the words that the browser thinks I might be trying to type. It would be nice to be able to just click on the word to automatically insert in place of the typo, instead of retyping the word spelling correctly, LOL.
                          Actually it would be funny to have a program that intentionally mi-spells words . Select from a half dozen ridiculous ethnic accents , Ebonics , or Hard Core Appalachia.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Witsend
                            I use Firefox. If I type something it believes is mi-spelled I see the red squiggly line beneath the suspect word. I right click and see the words that the browser thinks I might be trying to type. It would be nice to be able to just click on the word to automatically insert in place of the typo, instead of retyping the word spelling correctly, LOL.
                            Actually it would be funny to have a program that intentionally mi-spells words . Select from a half dozen ridiculous ethnic accents , Ebonics , or Hard Core Appalachia.
                            In my Firefox, you just click on one of the suggested words and it replaces it.

Comment

• Witsend
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

In my Firefox, you just click on one of the suggested words and it replaces it.
                              Hey Nick Thanks, I Believe it just worked. Those double vowel words I still mess up on ,

Comment

Working...