Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin@KTMAuto
    • Sep 2017

Verus trade in value?

So now that the Zeus has been released, and I got to use it, thought I would trade the Verus Edge w/17.2 software for this new bad boy on the block. My dealer only offered me $6,000 for my Verus Edge on trade in. Seems like Snap On diagnostic machines lose about 1/2 their value in 1 years time. Sad to see how little this thing is worth. Wondering how many other guys are in this same boat? Taking cash offers on this Verus. E-mail me Kevin@KTMAuto.com
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Lots of Alternatives out there

IMO, For the $ of what you can get for the $ new from competitor's offerings. I don't think they should even cost over $6k mark brand new , should get free access to Internet based Sure Trak Troubleshooter forever , no matter how old your update level is. For $10K price you should also get 5 years of Shop Key access included.LMAO

Comment

• bestdamgarage
      • Apr 2016

for the additional 8 grand after trade in id keep it .Then buy oem scanners for the big 3 the 8 grand prabbly get you the tools and 2-3 years of subscriptions

Comment

• SnapOnKid
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Kevin@KTMAuto
        So now that the Zeus has been released, and I got to use it, thought I would trade the Verus Edge w/17.2 software for this new bad boy on the block. My dealer only offered me $6,000 for my Verus Edge on trade in. Seems like Snap On diagnostic machines lose about 1/2 their value in 1 years time. Sad to see how little this thing is worth. Wondering how many other guys are in this same boat? Taking cash offers on this Verus. E-mail me Kevin@KTMAuto.com
        At least you had a year's use out of yours... Imagine those of us Who only had a few months out of when we found out about Zeus...

I hate to even admit it but, 6K is probally a fair offer considering what things go for on Ebay...

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Is this platform considered The Verus Zuess or just a First Generation Zuess ? Will the next incarnation of the Zuess be called the Zuess Pro, and be available in custom black and white checkered flag, or Pink Ribbon Walk for the Internet Cure or even Commemorate LGBTechnician Day (so one could watch ignition patterns in a parade)

Comment

• wagzilla
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
            At least you had a year's use out of yours... Imagine those of us Who only had a few months out of when we found out about Zeus...

I hate to even admit it but, 6K is probally a fair offer considering what things go for on Ebay...
            I got 3k for my verus pro, I think its a good jump , I just hope they don't change again in two years, my old scanner sold in one day. It's a win win for everyone new techs get a good scanner for cheap and we move up.

Comment

• wagzilla
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Witsend
              IMO, For the $ of what you can get for the $ new from competitor's offerings. I don't think they should even cost over $6k mark brand new , should get free access to Internet based Sure Trak Troubleshooter forever , no matter how old your update level is. For $10K price you should also get 5 years of Shop Key access included.LMAO
              I think they could make a deal with shop key for half the price and do just fine.

Comment

• Kevin@KTMAuto
                • Sep 2017

Think you guys are right. 8,000 to update a 1 year old tools seems insane. Time for some factory tools. We already have VAG tool in use. Wondering what is next for us, recommendations are much appreciated! Thank You

Comment

• timstech
                  • Dec 2010

I am going to keep my EDGE,not going to drink the Kool Aid on this one,stopping my SO subscription also. I am heading out without handholding,will look back in a few years

Comment

• GypsyR
                    • Jul 2017

We've had a Zeus on demo for a couple of days. It seems to be a VERY slightly upgraded Verus Edge (which we have.) I saw no good reason to update from the Edge, maybe from a much older Solus or something. The very much smaller ODB dongle is the best thing about it. I couldn't get it to work with a Verdict but another tech got the Verus Edge to work with it. Hopefully they'll sell those separately. The old gigantic "soap on a rope" dongle is ridiculous.

The big thing they are pushing on the Zeus seems to be a more informative sort of add-on to Fasttrack. If you never really use Fastrack now, you have no reason to upgrade to a Zeus. It may that as data is added that extra functionality might become more useful in the future.

Edit:sorry, SureTrack, Fastrack, whatever they call it.
                    Last edited by GypsyR; 09-19-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

We've had a Zeus on demo for a couple of days. It seems to be a VERY slightly upgraded Verus Edge (which we have.) I saw no good reason to update from the Edge, maybe from a much older Solus or something. The very much smaller ODB dongle is the best thing about it. I couldn't get it to work with a Verdict but another tech got the Verus Edge to work with it. Hopefully they'll sell those separately. The old gigantic "soap on a rope" dongle is ridiculous.

If I had to venture a guess. other than some cosmetic differences . The Blue tooth Dongle of A Chinese Earl Chive 999 special that's been out at least a year looks suspiciously familiar Got to wonder if they might even be interchangeble

Last edited by Witsend; 09-20-2017, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• str53
                        • Dec 2009

Verus trade in value

I'm wondering how much the new dongle costs, I'm sure a lot of them will be left in cars. I think I'll tie a string around mine and use a clip to hook it to my belt loop

Comment

• Witsend
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2012

I'm wondering how much the new dongle costs, I'm sure a lot of them will be left in cars. I think I'll tie a string around mine and use a clip to hook it to my belt loop
                          I'm sure it will cost you 20 times what The China man charges Snappy to to make them . I like the illumination light on the DLC end but thinking If you aren't some Banger Saggin in the Joint, the Soap On A Rope is a real good Idea, especially if you need to take a Shower in The Big House. Also keeps you from having to take a Bath with Snappy if you lose the damn Soap Bar.

Comment

• greasybob
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by str53
                            So you get a wireless scanner and you have to tie a string to it ? I kind of like the big bulky thing that you trip over exiting the vehicle.

Comment

• Witsend
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

Having the Blue tooth VCI attached to a cable so it can be positioned outside the car on the corner of the windshield gives me enough range of the Bluetooth for me to go into the comfort of air conditioned house, close the door behind me and have a cold one while watching an auto scan.

Comment

Working...