Why doesn't Snap On sell last update of a discontinued tool longer?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Yes, We must sink The BoozeMark

Kahlil, do you have any idea what you have just done?!?!?!?! Now Wit is going to go home, put on his foil hat, knock back 3-5 6packs and fire off emails and messages to any and everyone!!! You have opened the flood gates that cannot be closed!!!!!
    S.O. may have to shut all severs and email accounts down. I fear the end is near!!!
    Uh Oh , Steve Got me going now . Got to start unwinding now, Man it was such a Drag today having to work on a POS Land Rover.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Witsend; 12-01-2017, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• Tech_A
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Steve6911
      Kahlil, do you have any idea what you have just done?!?!?!?! Now Wit is going to go home, put on his foil hat, knock back 3-5 6packs and fire off emails and messages to any and everyone!!! You have opened the flood gates that cannot be closed!!!!!
      S.O. may have to shut all severs and email accounts down. I fear the end is near!!!
      Hopefully it is an SO foil hat that allows creative ideas to transfer to our cloud data base and approved gubmit anheuser craft libations that enhance creativity, this is usually confirmed by when the user says "hold my beer".

Nothing wrong with land rovers, they are just bmw's and ford's love child in disguise (I dont think tata has actually produced anything unique yet).

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Tech_A
        Hopefully it is an SO foil hat that allows creative ideas to transfer to our cloud data base and approved gubmit anheuser craft libations that enhance creativity, this is usually confirmed by when the user says "hold my beer".

Nothing wrong with land rovers, they are just bmw's and ford's love child in disguise (I dont think tata has actually produced anything unique yet).

OH NO!!!!! It's the same cryptic speech that Wit uses It's starting to spread!!! The end IS near!!!

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Steve6911
          OH NO!!!!! It's the same cryptic speech that Wit uses It's starting to spread!!! The end IS near!!!
          There's nothing cryptic there Steve....only it's "hold my beer....WATCH THIS-!!"

Comment

• Turbo1dr
            • May 2017

As of this post, I have yet to see the ZEUS's 17.4 software get installed on the VERUS EDGE or older tools. Why? Because the ZEUS is top-dog right now and Snap On wants people to buy the updated software AND ZEUS even though it will run on the older hardware too. It's all about money for the business and not about customer care or their needs. Just like the VERUS platform, it was released in 2008 and it could do the exact same thing as the newer Edge does when it is running the same version of software. Why would I need to buy newer hardware if it does the same thing?
            VERUS Wireless EEMS325 - Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 10 - 256GB Solid State Drive - 5Ghz WiFi - 17.2 Diagnostic Suite

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Turbo1dr
              As of this post, I have yet to see the ZEUS's 17.4 software get installed on the VERUS EDGE or older tools. Why? Because the ZEUS is top-dog right now and Snap On wants people to buy the updated software AND ZEUS even though it will run on the older hardware too. It's all about money for the business and not about customer care or their needs. Just like the VERUS platform, it was released in 2008 and it could do the exact same thing as the newer Edge does when it is running the same version of software. Why would I need to buy newer hardware if it does the same thing?

Also, just think of the PURE PROFIT TOO !

If I bought the last copy version of software for my Snap On scan tools at say $400 for each one, then by my adding up, I alone would " donate " $3000 to them, multiply that by the number of other users and it would be millions in just profit.

It puzzles me why any company in today's climate would REFUSE to accept this sort of income.

Not a sound business decision in my opinion.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Also, just think of the PURE PROFIT TOO !

If I bought the last copy version of software for my Snap On scan tools at say $400 for each one, then by my adding up, I alone would " donate " $3000 to them, multiply that by the number of other users and it would be millions in just profit.

It puzzles me why any company in today's climate would REFUSE to accept this sort of income.

Not a sound business decision in my opinion.
                It's not true that you can't teach an old dog some new tricks, but it would really suck to find out when it finally rolls over it really is dead

Comment

• gfuchikami
                  • May 2008

on the other hand...

Originally posted by kirkbarrow.garage
                  Actually I would wholeheartedly agree here, I " currently " have, MT2500, MTG2500, 2 Ethos, 3 Solus, 1 ( functional ) Solus Pro, & 1 Modis.
                  I would love to update all these to the last possible specification of update to each one, and definitely be pleased if it was achievable too.
                  I suppose some of it could be true IF SO actually still had the PROMS or cards that fit in the Brick's cartridges. But much of the hardware may be long gone and not available anymore anyway, which would make it not worth the investment. On all the SD & uSD based ones, you could have a point (ie. Solus Pro) where they probably could still sell the last update as it's mere software (barring contractual issues with the OEMs). Then again, I know there are people that still have old iPhone 5 (?) but others run to get the new "X" model for $1K; I mean it's a phone! I think our $3.5K scanners are more valuable and make more money for us than a $1K phone... just sayin'...

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by gfuchikami
                    I suppose some of it could be true IF SO actually still had the PROMS or cards that fit in the Brick's cartridges. But much of the hardware may be long gone and not available anymore anyway, which would make it not worth the investment. On all the SD & uSD based ones, you could have a point (ie. Solus Pro) where they probably could still sell the last update as it's mere software (barring contractual issues with the OEMs). Then again, I know there are people that still have old iPhone 5 (?) but others run to get the new "X" model for $1K; I mean it's a phone! I think our $3.5K scanners are more valuable and make more money for us than a $1K phone... just sayin'...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the later cartridges for both the MT2500 and MTG2500 were programmable and as such are as updateable as any current CF, SD or uSD card based system is or should be.

Comment

Working...