Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

More new Stuff

Just when you thought you had a grasp on how something works.

• greasybob
    • May 2008

Yea !! More moving parts. I've been watching E.E. videos for a couple of years, some good info.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Looks like a Willy Wonker to me. Can't wait to see what the Damn Dyno Explosions will look like.

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

I like the efforts, BUT, there are numerous inherent problems.
        1) Turbo. Some people like them but reliability is an issue. Always has been.
        2) 14:1 compression. That means the current fuels available won't measure up. Getting people to run even a more expensive mid-grade currently available is an issue. Always has been.
        3) Valve timing. The current variable valve timing has created an massive number of failings in virtually every component in these systems. Has been from the start.
        4) The thrusts and pressures that the lubricants will have to overcome, on an ongoing basis, and these "extended" oil drain intervals.... well, has been an ongoing issue for decades.
        5) Multi Link design. More components. More problems. (engineering fact, always has been)
        6) SPRAY ON materials on cylinder walls. That hasn't worked out well in the past.
        7)PORT fuel injection AND DIRECT fuel injection. Has the potential for the benefits of both, but also has the potential for the drawbacks of both.
        8) Complexity and Reliability. NO ONE can put a new system through its paces like the motoring public, regardless of the number of "test" hours. Always has been with EVERY iteration of "new" for the last 50 years.
        9) The combinations of, complexity, heat, fuel capabilities, oil capabilities, extended oil drains.... Putting all these things in one package doesn't simply add to breakdown occurrence on a linear scale, it becomes exponential. Having all your eggs in one basket hasn't been a good idea....ever. Always has been.

Interesting.
        I'm not having one in my driveway until ALL the things mentioned have been solved for both reliability and costs.
        Complete modular engine replacement for every little thing will be the only way to deal with the multitude of things that will show up.
        Interesting though.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Think Snappy's going to combine a Electronic Vibration Analyzer onto the Zuess 4 scope module as an extra $5k option so Scanner Danner can teach how to accurately pinpoint the exact rod that be the source of objectionable knock by putting crank into different offset compression modes to figure which of the many extra connecting rods bearings is the actually the cause of the Customer's engine rod knock complaint , so Nissan and Infiniti techs can limit flat rate warranty diagnostic and R&R time to just changing out only one of the 32 rod bearings for .3hr diag time plus 1.5 hr warranty time, to band aid patch things along to get the turds through warranty rather than slam a regular standard Sentra engine for a replacement of the Convoluted Turd or the dealer will end up getting audited. I can just imagine how much it will suck to be one of those guys .
          Last edited by Witsend; 02-02-2018, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...