X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Lack of WIFI Printing

I can print outside the building through a Brick wall with my DS708 ONLY After I go back inside the building and get my PC out of sleep mode and click on DS 708 printer desktop icon, then go back outside and the printer will print out everything fine, but doing that BullSh@t every time after 10 minutes elapses and PC goes in sleep mode kind of defeats the purpose of having the wireless printing capability anyway , especially if a Gang Banger or Jokester steals or moves the the car and scanner while you are inside waking up the PC. The DS 708 does not have any battery , so you have to save stuff you wish to print inside hooked to an auxillary AC power adapter.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
      In the pictures I know the scan results were for a diesel 2.7 Dodge Sprinter, but can't understand why at the top ,it also shows 2005 Dodge Durango along with the Sprinter ID?
      Is that a glitch , or did Johnnie Cash assemble a Hybrid vehicle for Chrysler?
      Because if the VIN. Even though the Sprinter is labeled Dodge, the same VIN could also be a Freightliner or Mercedes. When IDing it as a Dodge, the Durango and Sprtiner have the same body digit for the VIN. The scanner differentiates which one it is when you enter the engine VIN. So it knows what vehicle you're working on, but the body choice still shows.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
        Because if the VIN. Even though the Sprinter is labeled Dodge, the same VIN could also be a Freightliner or Mercedes. When IDing it as a Dodge, the Durango and Sprtiner have the same body digit for the VIN. The scanner differentiates which one it is when you enter the engine VIN. So it knows what vehicle you're working on, but the body choice still shows.

Joe
        So is it a Durango or a Sprinter.
        Yes VIN's are important but shouldn't the scan tool follow your input prompts and identify whether it's a Durango or a Sprinter.
        If it's Auto-IDing shouldn't it prompt you to VERIFY which one it is-?
        They don't even look closely the same.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

To ID this truck:

Car Line=Dodge
          Model Year=5
          Body Style= (Don't remember off hand, but it is the same for a Durango and a Sprinter)
          Engine = (Choices for Durango and Sprinter)

It's an anomaly because no manufacturer has 2 different vehicles with the same body VIN. When Dodge re-brands the Sprinter as a Dodge, they don't give it their own VIN. To solve the problem it appears the database makes the distinction between the 2 trucks when you choose the engine size, but displays the Body Style as Durango/Sprinter.
          "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
          Henry Ford

Comment

• Modis500
            • Sep 2012

I'm pleasantly surprised at the price= my dealer quoted me the same price as the Solus Ultra... I figured they'd jack it up a grand or so for the improvements... Now they need to do a package deal with the Vantage Ultra for $5499 and they'd sell them like hot cakes!
            "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
            Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Skip
              Super Moderator
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Witsend
              In the pictures I know the scan results were for a diesel 2.7 Dodge Sprinter, but can't understand why at the top ,it also shows 2005 Dodge Durango along with the Sprinter ID?
              Is that a glitch , or did Johnnie Cash assemble a Hybrid vehicle for Chrysler?
              My favorite was the Neon/Viper.

Comment

Working...