Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kebo1970
    • Nov 2008

96 and up nissan stalling

in the past 3 months i have had several v6 nissans that stall at an idle. the problem is only at idle with no codes. there is one thing i see on the data list; maf sensor grams per minute with the key on engine off is 0.21. in my mind it should be 0. on the vpro tech tips it says maf sensor testing can be inconclusive and a new sensor is $300. has anyone seen this before? by the way throttle body cleaning, iac sensor replacement, new maf sensor rubber boot, and idle adjustment has not done the trick. 96 ifiniti v6,2000 Quest V6 , 01 MAXIMA V6.
    Last edited by kebo1970; 05-26-2009, 09:33 PM. Reason: mis-spelling
  • Tue Ta
    • Apr 2009

can you post the data monitor readout?

Comment

• kebo1970
      • Nov 2008

i don't have a data list to show. in the previous question i stated maf sensor voltage; i meant maf sensor grams per minute. i made the needed correction.

Comment

• Tue Ta
        • Apr 2009

did you happen to look at the a/f ratio reading, it should range around 100, if the reading is 110 or higher or 85 or lower maf sensor could be the problem

Comment

• kebo1970
          • Nov 2008

is that at an idle or with the key on engine off ? with the key on engine off i would think a/f ratio would be 0.

Comment

• kebo1970
            • Nov 2008

i changed the airflow meter on the 96 infiniti and the stalling has gone away

Comment

• Tue Ta
              • Apr 2009

good to hear u fixed it. key on engine running a/f ratio shuold be close to 100% at idle

Comment

• autosmith
                • Jun 2009

MAF g/sec KOEO

FYI: When you read MAF grams per second with the key on and engine off air is still passing the airflow sensor (especially if you have the shop exhaust extraction hose connected), a low reading here is completely normal KOEO.

Comment

Working...