What do I want in my Snap On Diagnostic Tools?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

What do I want in my Snap On Diagnostic Tools?

Hmmm . Well I know I sure don't want any dust and condensation getting IN my Counselor that's why I put the dust cover over it, and I suppose I should keep the ole MT2500 in the case too. Anyone know a Chinese Tailor that could make a custom fabric cover for my Counselor? The original clear one is coming apart at the seams. If not, I guess I'll have to get a needle and thread and sew the seams together like the Azz cracks on my old work pants cause the wife won't do it.
    Last edited by Witsend; 11-16-2014, 06:05 PM.
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
    Hmmm . Well I know I sure don't want any dust and condensation getting IN my Counselor that's why I put the dust cover over it, and I suppose I should keep the ole MT2500 in the case too. Anyone know a Chinese Tailor that could make a custom fabric cover for my Counselor, the original clear one is coming apart at the seams
    People who re-upholster boat seats or make boat covers come to mind.
    Or you could just use an old cloth seat cover and (heaven forbid-!! LOL) WASH it once in a while....

Comment

• chaskuss
      • Dec 2009

I think that Crusty & I can both agree that we would like to see Snap On switch from saving image files in bitmap [BMP] format to the more popular JPEG [JPG] format, as the same file in JPG is about 9% of the size of a similar BMP file.
      I don't know much about the Councelor. Doesn't Snap On make a silicone skin for it, like they do for most other diagnostic products?
      Last edited by chaskuss; 11-17-2014, 02:20 AM. Reason: fixed spelling error

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

The Counselor 2 is big heavy old school Oscilloscope, but semi portable for the day, it has a clear plastic dust cover you place over the thing, including The Scribe printer that sits on top. It's like the size of a large custom PC Gamer Tower or older Server turned on it's side with a small CRT monitor and a bunch of buttons at front. It could be hand held because it has a couple straps along the side and can run off car battery power, but I think it might be a good 60 lbs to lift it. Mine hasn't been off the cart since I transported it when I bought it last year.

Comment

• chaskuss
          • Dec 2009

In that case, take the dimensions of what you want to cover. Head over to Staples, Office Depot or CompUSA [best bet]. Ask an employee to direct you to the aisle where they sell the plastic dust covers to protect a desktop computer. I remember buying & using those things. Generally made of a whitish/clear vinyl plastic fit for use over either a tower, desktop machine [tower on it's side], keyboard or monitor. You might need a CRT monitor cover for it. Found this on EBay. See

Last edited by chaskuss; 11-17-2014, 06:43 PM. Reason: added web link

Comment

Working...