Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tech12
    • Oct 2010

Programming FICM 6.0 diesel

Has anyone on here programmed a FICM on a 2006 Ford 6.0 Diesel with a pass thru Pro II? I am new to the Pass Thru Pro. I have programmed hundreds of GM modules with a Tech 2 but never a used a PPII before. At the NASTF site there is a list of programmable modules and the FICM is not on the list. However I am told that the FICM, TCM and PCM are all programmed together and that it CAN be done with the PP II. I don't want to tell the cust that I can do it, thrash around for a couple of hours and then send him away without it completed. Does anyone have any insight on this? Tips ? Thanks in advance.
  • diesel71
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by tech12
    Has anyone on here programmed a FICM on a 2006 Ford 6.0 Diesel with a pass thru Pro II? I am new to the Pass Thru Pro. I have programmed hundreds of GM modules with a Tech 2 but never a used a PPII before. At the NASTF site there is a list of programmable modules and the FICM is not on the list. However I am told that the FICM, TCM and PCM are all programmed together and that it CAN be done with the PP II. I don't want to tell the cust that I can do it, thrash around for a couple of hours and then send him away without it completed. Does anyone have any insight on this? Tips ? Thanks in advance.
    yes you can program the ficm with the pass-thru 2, I still have the pass-thru 1 and have programed many. leave the old ficm on the truck then open the ford module programing, pick programable module instalation and fallow the steps. make sure and remove the ficm relay when it tells you to, 2003 and 2004 have a fuse its #20. 2005-2007 have the relay. Its best to use a battery charger like the eebc500 that"s set-up to do reprograming but at lest use a charger so you dont have a low voltage issue. after the ficm is programed the module will update the pcm and tcm if a later calibration is available. your vehicle is a 2006 and the latest calibration for the pcm is vxcf9,you can use your scanner in obd2 globle and get vehicle id information to check befor you start. lets say it says the pcm is vxcf5.hexxx you would then know the programing will update to vcf9.hexxx. If there is not a later calibration it will only program the ficm then direct you to install the relay and start the engine. after that it will say calibration has been loaded and checked.

Comment

• diesel71
      • Feb 2008

just so you know,the ficm uses a HUGE file so it will take a few minutes to program,watch the blue scroll bar on the screen and let it finish. dont do anything untill the programing directs you to

Comment

Working...