Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autofella
    • Mar 2010

Honda HRV ABS problems

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me, I have a 2001 Honda HRV petrol in with the ABS light on and the customer complaining of the brake pedal thumping back up to them when braking. I can get into the ABS system and it communicates ok, it brings up the following options in the ABS menu :

1 - Codes (NO CODES)
    2 - Display Codes
    3 - Erase Codes

There is obviously a code or fault in the ABS system but it will not let me select any of the options. I can scroll over them but it will not let me select on any of them. If I go into engine it gives me the same options and also says no codes but it will let me select the above options and rescans for any fault codes. I am using the Solus Pro with 9-4 software.
  • David Green
    • Oct 2009

It sounds like a wheel speed sensor circuit to me, my Audi does it when in bad weather like ice and snow. I would look at a wiring diagram and trace the ABS sensors to it, also find out what type sensors fitted, i.e. active digital or AC sign wave. Put a scope on each wheel and test the signal strength and quality, if a signal is loosing voltage at any point in the trace check the Phonic Wheel on that sensor circuit, i.e. a chipped tooth, this can cause your fault and may not record a fault code.

David

P.s. Have a look on this forum at ABS waveforms on another thread Hefaus and myself have been posting on, look at the signal fault I got on an ABS system.

Comment

• autofella
      • Mar 2010

Ok and thanks very much for your help David. Ill check the resistance and voltage of each sensor with the multimeter tomorrow but I was wondering why the Solus Pro will not show up a code when there is plainly one there that is illuminating the warning lamp ?

Comment

• Nickb
        DSD
        • Aug 2007

Are you having comunication problems with any other vehicle? Try doing a system restore. There may be a file that is not installed correctly in your Solus.
        DSD

Comment

• autofella
          • Mar 2010

No problems with anything else. I would not have the balls to do a system restore just incase i lose everything lol

Comment

Working...