Did I ever tell you how much I hate.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TurboJim
    • Jan 2007

Did I ever tell you how much I hate.....

Setting up a custom data list, and when you cycle key, say on a Ford 6.0 to monitor cranking ICPv, and ICPv decay on shutdown, the scanner loses comm's, says "Cannot communicate with vehicle = EXIT" then you need to go back and start over, then have to REDO your custom data list..... This drove me out of my skull today! There may be a small window between key on and the data you miss setting up the list. Put this on SnapOnKids high priority list. Can you at least set it up so when you select a custom list, it stays for that cars session...PLEASE?!?!? Once you hit "change vehicles" it forgets your data list... PLEASE????

Oh and on Fords. Stop that stupid "This data stream may not support all pids" every time I select a data list. You wanna cover your butts? Tell me ONCE. I'm smart, I'll get it, then set the flag not to show me again until I select another vehicle PLEASE!!!!

Thanks for your ear..... Now back to your regularly scheduled episode.
    Jim Testa
    Senior Technician
    JD Automotive & Truck Inc
    Dover, NJ
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by TurboJim
    Setting up a custom data list, and when you cycle key, say on a Ford 6.0 to monitor cranking ICPv, and ICPv decay on shutdown, the scanner loses comm's, says "Cannot communicate with vehicle = EXIT" then you need to go back and start over, then have to REDO your custom data list..... This drove me out of my skull today! There may be a small window between key on and the data you miss setting up the list. Put this on SnapOnKids high priority list. Can you at least set it up so when you select a custom list, it stays for that cars session...PLEASE?!?!? Once you hit "change vehicles" it forgets your data list... PLEASE????

Oh and on Fords. Stop that stupid "This data stream may not support all pids" every time I select a data list. You wanna cover your butts? Tell me ONCE. I'm smart, I'll get it, then set the flag not to show me again until I select another vehicle PLEASE!!!!

No, tell me how you REALLY feel....
    Good job Turbojim....

There's only one problem.......ya gotta put a finger in one of their ears......'Y-know.......staright though.

They arn't listening anyway......

Keep coming up with "new & improved" and the basics are falling further and further behind.......

I agree totally with your sentiments.

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

They have needed these since the brick. BADLY !!!
      And I'll say it until they're sick of it - OTC's Genisys has done this for
      YEARS (I remember asking for it and they listened!) and it is a HUGE time saver - I know from experience.
      Snappy, put this on your super high priority list, please !!!
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

This drove me out of my skull today!

I laughed for hours.........THAT is exactly how I feel!!
        S. Breland

Comment

• Jay G.
          Administrator
          • Dec 2006

I will pass along your suggestions.

Jay

Comment

• Warren97053
            • May 2013

you would think that things like this would be a no brainer. when you are on a drive with the scanner on to watch for a intermittent problem and there is a hiccup and you loose all your graphs, you just wasted all your time. Verus has had this problem since I first got it. I am so glad I kept my modis. Modis stops the graph so I can what was happening just before it acted up. Verus and verus pro loose communication and erase everything. Why? It's been years and we still have to use Modis for any test drives. Why doesn't Snapon thinks this is a big deal?

Comment

Working...