Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barry
    • Jun 2012

printer?

What is the best way to print from Modis? I still have the 10.2 software, thinking about upgrading it. also will Modis talk to windows 7?
  • fueltrim01
    • Apr 2008

download shopstream connect from this site, then use pc connect on your modis, or transfere files to a stick then to your computer, or print from modis.

Comment

• Barry
      • Jun 2012

printer

I don't have the usb port under the left hand grip. I do have a usb port up were the power plugs in. will it connect there? what printer will work on this Modis?
      Last edited by Barry; 06-06-2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• crackerclicker
        • May 2008

in a cost effective sense, fuel trim's method is your best bet. since you have the older modis, you will need a cf card to copy your saved files or pictures to. then transfer them to your pc using shopstream connect.

Comment

• Trindaddy
          • Jan 2010

Cost wise, the shopstream method is cheapest. If you have the newer Modis with the mini-usb under left grip, it becomes slightly less inconvenient. The USB 2.0 method from the top works, but being tethered to a 20ft usb cord or carrying around a printer on an extension cord gets old really fast, trust me. Once again I would like to offer my experience on this subject, though late in this case. For simply printing what you are looking at on the Modis, NOW, wherever you are, there is NO easier or faster method than the Seiko ir thermal printer. Its driver is on the Modis' built in driver list and works flawlessly with it. They can still be bought on e-bay pretty cheap. Some more advise, try to get 2 NEW batteries and a charging station for it so you can always be mobile at the drop of a hat. For studying and storing and sharing data shopstream is great. To print codes, freeze frame, graphs b4 and after, and pid data with the Modis, nothing else even comes close to portable ir printing. (PC link did for a little while, but S.O. killed it off after 8.4 much to my displeasure after all my hard work and money to support it. Shopstream was suggested as its "free replacement" but as i mentioned already.....)
          Any other printing ideas? I'd love to hear about them, its become one of my vices (I have 3 seikos, charging station, and 3 batteries).

Comment

• sledfreek76
            • Jun 2012

the Modis is crippled for printer accs., sales ploy? there are a couple of Seiko IRD printers left on Ebay, item #320968366660 great deal too. Ive tried several different methods of accessory add ons to my Modis, for Windows CE is good, but Snap On crippled it..... I did get a wireless mini keyboard to work with it, hot plug n play!

Comment

• Nickb
              DSD
              • Aug 2007

Here is a list of printer that will work. Hope this attachment works.
              Attached Files
              DSD

Comment

Working...