the time and ink printing black background pages of saves to
    produce a simple codes list....or list of monitors status
    etc. Now that I have almost come to accept the flaws of the
    new Ultra I find out there is still hope.....Please, please,
    use the wi-fi and figure out a way to allow printing a
    SIMPLE LIST to a network pc using the wi-fi. Please, allow
    me to feel satisfied that Snap-On has truly created the
    greatest multi-vehicle scan tool that is indeed better than
    the original Modis in every way (I can deal with the 2 channel scope).

Also posted on Snap-on users forum on IATN.

Neil
  • Trindaddy
    • Jan 2010

Just completed "code scan" on a 2007 Mercedes R320 with the Ultra. Scanned 11 modules producing some 25 codes along with their elaborate definitions. Took 9 "save screen" shots with the Ultra! Rather than waste more time and ink, I once again resorted to the "old" Modis and IR printer. One button, "print codes list" and a 4" scroll of codes ran down the side of my roll cart in about 40 seconds. No ink involved....no writing, no hassle.

This is truly pitiful.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Like Dude , that IR Printer is so 90's, why not just send the screen shot from SSC from your I phone to your customer's Galaxy 500 and just let her print it out.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
        Snap-on D&I
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Trindaddy
        Just completed "code scan" on a 2007 Mercedes R320 with the Ultra. Scanned 11 modules producing some 25 codes along with their elaborate definitions. Took 9 "save screen" shots with the Ultra!
        A new version of SSC was released today (10.1.0.16) that will allow you to view and print the trouble codes saved to a file from Modis Ultra using the top toolbar Save button. The trouble code file will have a .xml file extension which SSC will now view and print.
        Connect the Modis Ultra to the PC with USB cable, then select "Connect-to-PC" from tools. It is quick and easy so you won't have to make multiple screen captures if the codes are longer than one screen. Browse to the file with SSC (/Userdata folder on the Modis Ultra), and open it for viewing/printing.
        The same goes for Solus Ultra and Solus Edge.

Comment

• Trindaddy
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Rich Shepherd
          A new version of SSC was released today (10.1.0.16) that will allow you to view and print the trouble codes saved to a file from Modis Ultra using the top toolbar Save button. The trouble code file will have a .xml file extension which SSC will now view and print.
          Connect the Modis Ultra to the PC with USB cable, then select "Connect-to-PC" from tools. It is quick and easy so you won't have to make multiple screen captures if the codes are longer than one screen. Browse to the file with SSC (/Userdata folder on the Modis Ultra), and open it for viewing/printing.
          The same goes for Solus Ultra and Solus Edge.
          I could have sworn I made a reply here already. Guess I never pushed the "submit" button.

CREDIT IS DUE:
          I recently allowed SSC to update and tried this new printing capability after using a "code scan" on a 2006 Jetta accessing 15 modules and producing some 25 codes. The result was beautiful. We all just stood there, staring at the single page form. Deb asked, "how did you do that" while I handed her the form to document the data and pass on to the customer. SO even "one-upped" the process by creating a nice co. header at the top of the list. Very nice indeed. I've been praying for this for so long...and was so impressed I just about creamed myself when I saw the printout. I hope this works for monitors and other lists.

Still, what tool post would be complete without a little criticism...
          The VIN# would be a nice touch on the save. Finally, although I realize now you can't "tell", please utilize the wi-fi to send this data format to a network printer so we dont need to bother with SSC and cables etc. Maybe for Christmas!

Thanks to SO software guys and development staff for reacting/responding and you too Rich for being "our guy". The new print feature is well done and much, much easier. Cudos.

Neil

Comment

• yorktrans
            • Mar 2015

ssc

I purchased a new modis ultra today, cash, wanted the print codes option, my snappy man said it could, what is ssc and where do I get it.

ok shop stream connect, now to find the download link for the newest version

link found

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

SSC complementary software

Congratulations, on getting your new Modis Ultra, I can tell It's becoming better tool every update , seemed to have some early issues , way fewer issues now.

Comment

• yorktrans
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
                Congratulations, on getting your new Modis Ultra, I can tell It's becoming better tool every update , seemed to have some early issues , way fewer issues now.

https://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics/...Products%2fSSC
                thank you, so far I like, did get the ssc and printing, hopefully it will not be a waste of money like my launch pad, which is tucked away in a drawer.

Comment

Working...