Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Work Order Enhancements

I was hoping by now, 17.4, that there would have been some improvements to the work order. I have suggested these before but it's worth bringing up again.
    1. the sections in the repair order should have scroll bars along the sides to assist reviewing the code list for instance.

2. the codes should be listed with the most recently scanned codes at the top of the list or better yet give us a sort preference.

3. scanner movies get automatically added but why not screen captures, photos or lab scope recordings? I know they can be manually added but its not very convenient especially when adding multiple files which can only be added one at a time.

4. the comment section should be larger or again add a scroll bar.

5. when saving scanner files why is there no comment box like the popup you get when you save a lab scope recording. Without this one is forced to use a long file name which just ends up getting cut off anyways on the work order.

on another note the data manager just plain sucks. I have at least a 1000 saved recordings. (I have migrated files from my last two Verus's). Bring back the 10.2 file manager from Shopstream Connect. It is 1000 time better.
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

Excellent Question and Suggestions Phill !!!

I would agree with you that it could and should be more user friendly in the same ways you have suggested.

Comment

• Cavalier3400z
      • Dec 2015

Exactly, I hate the way it works, Also it should just have one listing for the car and not multiple entries every time you scan it. It should just give an option to have a threaded entry rather than individual messages. It reminds me of old text messaging versus the now threaded style.

Comment

• phill57
        • Oct 2007

Work Order Enhancements??

Originally posted by phill57
        I was hoping by now, 17.4, that there would have been some improvements to the work order. I have suggested these before but it's worth bringing up again.
        1. the sections in the repair order should have scroll bars along the sides to assist reviewing the code list for instance.

2. the codes should be listed with the most recently scanned codes at the top of the list or better yet give us a sort preference.

3. scanner movies get automatically added but why not screen captures, photos or lab scope recordings? I know they can be manually added but its not very convenient especially when adding multiple files which can only be added one at a time.

4. the comment section should be larger or again add a scroll bar.

5. when saving scanner files why is there no comment box like the popup you get when you save a lab scope recording. Without this one is forced to use a long file name which just ends up getting cut off anyways on the work order.

on another note the data manager just plain sucks. I have at least a 1000 saved recordings. (I have migrated files from my last two Verus's). Bring back the 10.2 file manager from Shopstream Connect. It is 1000 time better.
        Since I am not up to date with the latest software revision on my Verus edge I am asking the group if any improvements have been made in the areas suggested above with 18.4 update?

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Since I am not up to date with the latest software revision on my Verus edge I am asking the group if any improvements have been made in the areas suggested above with 18.4 update?
          I see one for sale not far from me on Craigslist for under $4K advertied, but what I see in pictures shows 18.2 on screen. There is a you tube guy named Flat Rate Master that posted a recent video about 18.4 update that wasn't too impressed with some things that annoyed him
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Witsend; 11-27-2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...