Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cardoctor6455
    • May 2011

Laptop requirements for j2534 tool.

I just recently purchased a j2534 tool and I’m trying to find out what are the requirements for the laptop. I know that some programs will clash with each other ,but I’m just looking for the basic requirements now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I think Windows 7 Pro is what the OS would be supported by majority of OE , Maybe Quad Core processor with at least 4 Gb ram and plenty of room left on the hard drive.
    I Initially got a new Windows 10 Pro laptop but the majority of OE manufacturers haven't supported Windows 10 yet, and I am giving the new one to my wife and probably use her old Windows 7 Pro one to flash with , since I figure why the h@ll should I risk contracting malware on a new laptop when the OE manufacturers require using old version of Internet Explorer and older version of Java or Adobe to do the dirty deeds that aren't dirt cheap

Comment

• Glide
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by cardoctor6455
      I just recently purchased a j2534 tool and I’m trying to find out what are the requirements for the laptop. I know that some programs will clash with each other ,but I’m just looking for the basic requirements now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      All of the manufacturers have minimum and suggested PC requirements listed on their websites.It would be best for you to read these yourself,straight from the horses mouth.They also list validated j2534 interfaces,which means that these are tools that their tech support will help you with if you have issues.
      Go to nastf.org for OEM site info.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
        • Apr 2011

I use a windows 10 laptop and it works fine with Nissan/Infiniti, Ford, Toyota, GM, Honda, KIA and Chrysler. Don't use BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen, Land Rover/Jaguar or any other type. I'm talking about flashing/programming just to be sure.

Comment

Working...