Modis has been fired.
  • Trindaddy
    • Jan 2010

Oh no! But he has a family!

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

This is true. Modis will not be sold anymore, but still supported for repairs and software. This is sure to upset some folks, but please remember, Modis was a great scanner yesterday, and nothing changes on that for tomorrow. It's still a viable scan tool, will continue to have the same coverage as the others, and can be repaired/updated when necessary. I wish we still sold it for folks with no PC skills that want a Scanner/Labscope.
      So this isn't bad news for people that already own a Modis. It's bad news for someone that wants to buy a new one though.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• crackerclicker
        • May 2008

not surprised at all. i think after the verdict was released most assumed the modis was a goner . plus, i wouldn't be fooled by the "we will continue to support it" claim either. snap on's track record shows that is a limited time offer claim. which is as it should be, but can be irritating none the less .

Comment

• cbender
          • Feb 2011

Not sure I believe it, that's like Microsoft saying Windows xp was done a few years ago. Besides, modis is still a great scope!

Comment

• crackerclicker
            • May 2008

Originally posted by cbender
            Not sure I believe it, that's like Microsoft saying Windows xp was done a few years ago. Besides, modis is still a great scope!
            probably not a good analogy . xp is done. support only exists for sp3, and that ends soon also.

Comment

• cbender
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by crackerclicker
              probably not a good analogy . xp is done. support only exists for sp3, and that ends soon also.
              yes, but my point is, xp is done by microsofts standards but SO is still using a "finished" os to power it's scan tools. Modis may be done according to SO but it will still be used for years to come and is still a good tool if you have one or can aquire one at a reasonable rate!

Comment

• Because
                • Jul 2010

I think as long as Snap On still offers the Solus Pro or a similar product and the Vantage Pro or similar product, the Modis market is still well served. I have a Modis and I have a Vantage Pro. When my Modis dies, I'll buy a Solus Pro or whatever Snap-On is selling as it's replacement.

Comment

• McCalls Garage
                  • Jul 2010

So would it be wrong for me to ask....."Does anyone want to buy a Modis"?

Comment

• KarlStolz
                    • Apr 2007

Modis support gone?

I've just sunk a heap into getting my Modis repaired and updated. Hope snappy doesn't pull the rug out from under me and try to get me to buy one of those
                    Viruses.

Comment

• Skip
                      Super Moderator
                      • Apr 2008

You can still buy updates for a Solus, and it has been gone for a year or two. There is too much money to made selling updates to just stop everything at once. Eventually, they will stop, but you can expect 2-3 years after the tool is gone.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Skip
                        You can still buy updates for a Solus, and it has been gone for a year or two. There is too much money to made selling updates to just stop everything at once. Eventually, they will stop, but you can expect 2-3 years after the tool is gone.
                        I would expect longer. It was also a scope so I would imagine they would support repairs for quite sometime.

Comment

• lancepoulin@msn.com
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by McCalls Garage
                          attempted to messege you, but wouldnt go through. i was seeing how much you wanted fro modis. my name is lance and my email is lancepoulin@msn.com

Comment

• lancepoulin@msn.com
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by McCalls Garage
                            how much for modis? lancepoulin@msn.com

Comment

Working...