Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trindaddy
    • Jan 2010

Modis screen dim

My Snap On rep has noticed that my Modis's screen was dim while he was updating it. Its been this way for so long I didn't realize it. He indicated he knows of a guy that had replaced the so-called "leds" himself. I was wondering if anyone here has done this and if so where did you get the replacement leds. Any advise would be great.
  • Trindaddy
    • Jan 2010

No one ever busted into the Modis? I can't believe it....

Comment

• crackerclicker
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Trindaddy
      No one ever busted into the Modis? I can't believe it....
      Quite awhile back I remember seeing MODIS screens for sale on ebay, but I haven't been looking for quite some time.

A Google search turned up this thread:

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Which had a link to this part:

Comment

• Trindaddy
        • Jan 2010

Yes Cracker, I also found this on my web search. Thank you. My S.O. tool man says he knows a guy who replaced the burnt backlighting on his Modis. I know I could do this if I knew what parts to use, they make so many different types. I can live with my dim display (its been this way for years, I thought that's how it is!), I just thought hey if someone can do it I should be able to also...without spending lots of dough on "ol faithful". I still love my Modis. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Neil

Comment

• crackerclicker
          • May 2008

Well, hopefully you can get it sorted out on your own, but remember we don't know how long Snappy will support parts/repairs, so don't let the ol' girl linger too long.

Comment

• Modis500
            • Sep 2012

Got a similar situation, but not entirely the same. When I power up Modis in the morning, all is fine. When I leave it on for awhile, the upper left hand corner starts to fade out, then I hit the Sharpness/Contrast button and darken it up a little*about 3 or 4 clicks*, then all is fine for rest of day. Anyone had this happen? Is this an LCD going out? Snap on replaced screen about 18 months ago, not sure how long these bad boys last.
            "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
            Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Trindaddy
              • Jan 2010

Modis is out for repair. Waiting for the call. The 1 year old fan died (original one lasted 6 yrs!). Might have screen fixed....might not.

Comment

• ibmman
                • Oct 2013

Aftermarket Modis screen

I used one of these to replace my dim screen. When done the contrast must be turned all the way down. It is working good for me and was very easy to replace. I didn't buy it from here but this is the same manufacturer and part #. http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...912567678.html

Comment

• ALLEN MOORE
                  • Apr 2014

Dim Screen

replaced battery now is find batterysrus al

Comment

Working...