• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jusina
    • Nov 2009

Personality keys

Hello to all,
    Newbie here and My first post.
    I have a solus pro w/9.4 purchased used, My question here is key 13a the replacement for key13 or do I need both? I have a 13a but no 13 and the 9.4 bundle indicates it come with key13.
    I've looked at the SO key charts but don't see a key13a listed for any application.Could someone please clarify for Me.
    Thanks Joe
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

K-13 and K13a are different keys, and one does not substitute for the other. If you have a 9.4 Solus-Pro, you don't need K-13a anymore though.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• dbarnes5654
      • Apr 2007

Joe, you sure? 13-a was the replacement for 13 years ago. I think you may of meant he dosen't need key 13 . Correct me if I'm wrong.
      Don

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Hi Don,
        I'm pretty darn sure. I wish I had a scanner running 7.4 or maybe 8.2 software so I could ID a few cars and check. Unless I'm sorely mistaken the scanner would request K13 or K13a depending on the application. I distinctly remember a guy at a Modis class using K13a when he needed K13 and had no communication. When we swapped the key to the correct one, it worked.
        Like always, I could be mistaken...but I'm pretty sure I'm not. If someone else knows something different, please correct me.

Either way, you only need K13 with 9.4 software...which is fine with me. The less keys the better.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• hefaus
          • Dec 2007

keys solus 7.4

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
          Hi Don,
          I'm pretty darn sure. I wish I had a scanner running 7.4 or maybe 8.2 software so I could ID a few cars and check. Unless I'm sorely mistaken the scanner would request K13 or K13a depending on the application. I distinctly remember a guy at a Modis class using K13a when he needed K13 and had no communication. When we swapped the key to the correct one, it worked.
          Like always, I could be mistaken...but I'm pretty sure I'm not. If someone else knows something different, please correct me.

Either way, you only need K13 with 9.4 software...which is fine with me. The less keys the better.

Joe
          Hi Joe And Don. These are the keys that came with my Solus 7.4 before I traded it in for a Solus Pro 9.2
          K-2A
          K-5A
          K-7
          K-9
          K-12
          K-13
          K-14
          K-15
          K-16
          K-17
          K-18
          K-19
          K-20
          K-21
          K-22
          K-24
          K-25
          Either way I have the new k13a and K 27 key that came with Version 9.2 and I got to keep all my old keys. Got the free update to 9.4. All Is Great. Enjoy Have fun and enjoy the Christmas Season.. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Comment

• jusina
            • Nov 2009

personality keys

Thanks to Everyone for Your help.
            Joe

Comment

• transman618
              • Oct 2007

Does anyone know whether the personality key list online is up to date??? After reading the list and checking the keys I have I discovered that I am both missing keys that are not listed, and that I have some keys that are not listed. Some of the ones I am missing are being sold on ebay but if they are keys that are no longer used, I dont want to waste money on purchasing them. Here is a list, if anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.
              I am using a MODIS with 9.4

These are keys that I do not have, should I invest in them??
              K-3, K-7A, K-8, K-13A, K-23, K-27, S-39, S-64

These are keys that I DO have but they are not listed on S.O.'s list:
              K-2A, K-7, K-18

Thanks,
              Charles

Comment

• hefaus
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by transman618
                Does anyone know whether the personality key list online is up to date??? After reading the list and checking the keys I have I discovered that I am both missing keys that are not listed, and that I have some keys that are not listed. Some of the ones I am missing are being sold on ebay but if they are keys that are no longer used, I don't want to waste money on purchasing them. Here is a list, if anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.
                I am using a MODIS with 9.4

These are keys that I do not have, should I invest in them??
                K-3, K-7A, K-8, K-13A, K-23, K-27, S-39, S-64

These are keys that I DO have but they are not listed on S.O.'s list:
                K-2A, K-7, K-18

Thanks,
                Charles
                Hi. The list of keys shown earlier were from a Solus 7.4. I do know that a K-27 And a k-13a Came with the Solus Pro Version 9.2 as to what ever other keys you may need depends on what vehicle you are plugged into. There is information on what keys are with 9.4. Maybe someone else knows the address. Hope this helps a little.I will admit that the K-25 Key did not come and I had to purchase it. Was For a 2005 Dodge Ram, so go figure. The K Keys are for US and Asian. The One thing That I do Know is I have all the keys needed for who knows What. LoL. The S keys are for Euro I believe. If You Don't Have Euro Installed you wont need the S keys at all

Comment

• transman618
                  • Oct 2007

I should have mentioned that I do have all the keys listed on line except for those listed in my last post. I do have Euro and all the S keys except for those listed in my last post.

Charles

Comment

• hefaus
                    • Dec 2007

I should have mentioned that I do have all the keys listed on line except for those listed in my last post. I do have Euro and all the S keys except for those listed in my last post.

Charles
                    Hi Charles. Like I mentioned earlier I had to purchase a K-25 Key. That was the first vehicle I plugged my Solus to...lol I haven't use the k-27 yet but i have used the K-13A I Guess You will Figure it out when You Id a Vehicle and then asks for a certain key to be plugged in. I think that the Solus chart that I used to have mentioned what the keys worked on for version 7.4 as well. I just don't know where the site is for that now. I will try and find for you. It was Masterwrench that supplied it for me in a post I was asking something about. perhaps he can supply you with it if he still knows.Have a Great day.

Comment

• hefaus
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by hefaus
                      Hi Charles. Like I mentioned earlier I had to purchase a K-25 Key. That was the first vehicle I plugged my Solus to...lol I haven't use the k-27 yet but i have used the K-13A I Guess You will Figure it out when You Id a Vehicle and then asks for a certain key to be plugged in. I think that the Solus chart that I used to have mentioned what the keys worked on for version 7.4 as well. I just don't know where the site is for that now. I will try and find for you. It was Masterwrench that supplied it for me in a post I was asking something about. perhaps he can supply you with it if he still knows.Have a Great day.
                      Hi Again Charles. I did look around and I found a Post by Hardwood Oct 2008. Has lots of information as to what the keys are for. Check it out. Hope this helps

Comment

• hefaus
                        • Dec 2007

Keys 9.4

Charles
                        Hi Charles. I found what you may be looking for. Download Snapon's VAG (Vehicle Application Guide) for 9.4 and the key info is on page 59. Have Fun. Enjoy

Comment

• transman618
                          • Oct 2007

Thanks for checking that out for me. That was the list I was refering to. I have almost all of the keys on the list but I also have quite a few keys that are not on the list. So, does that mean that those keys are no longer used and I should remove them from my key ring??

Charles

Comment

• hefaus
                            • Dec 2007

Thanks for checking that out for me. That was the list I was refering to. I have almost all of the keys on the list but I also have quite a few keys that are not on the list. So, does that mean that those keys are no longer used and I should remove them from my key ring??

Charles
                            Hi Charles.I would keep all the keys you have. Never know and won't hurt to keep around. Enjoy.Keep smiling

Comment

• crackerclicker
                              • May 2008

just a thought. if you have keys that are no longer used by the newer software, you may still want to hang on to them in case you need to use the "legacy mode" on the scanner. i am not sure if they are required, but it doesn't hurt to keep them around.
                              also, when i did a little digging on this subject awhile back, my snappy rep just printed out a sheet for me right on the truck. might be worth asking your rep for the same.

Comment

Working...