Thank you, Snap On!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crackerclicker
    • May 2008

actually, snappy 1-800 said that ssc was compatible with vista 32. i haven't talked with them for awhile, but i did try to put it on my win7 pro. i still does not work. of course i still have 64 bit operating system.
    Last edited by crackerclicker; 11-25-2009, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• crackerclicker
      • May 2008

by the way, you should probably know that win7's xp mode has a lot of problems of its own. until snappy can make ssc compatible with all windows operating systems (32 or 64 bit) your best bet is to use the virtual machine of your choice with winxp installed. or find a computer that still has it installed lucky for me my shop still uses xp for day to day business, so i can still use ssc up front! just not as easy as using my laptop at the tool box.

vmware is good, but a little on the technical side. ms virtual pc is ok, but has limitations that i just don't personally like. sun's virtual box is probably the most "user friendly".

ps: if you are curious about virtual machines, check out the individual websites for the above software, or just visist www.sevenforums.com (which is the windows seven forum). google, or any search engine, will get you more info than you ever care to know.
      Last edited by crackerclicker; 11-26-2009, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• crackerclicker
        • May 2008

one more thing, does snappy allow you to download previous versions of ssc? i've had difficulty with the newest version when printing and would like to return to the older version. just not sure where it might be. any ideas? probably just a click away.

Comment

• David Green
          • Oct 2009

Shop Stream Connect does work with Windows Vista I have down loaded it and it will store and print OK in jpeg, but the Shop Stream Viewer does seen to have a problem, it will print, but only one graph which is small in size and is not central on the page, the remaining graphs do not print though

It would be good if snap on could resolve the problem for us

UK David

Comment

• crackerclicker
            • May 2008

i agree! i realize ssc is free, but so are a lot of other programs. guess i'm trying to say other free programs work just fine. if we were all programmers i suppose we would understand what the snappy guys are going through. of course if that were the case, we would probably fix it ourselves .

Comment

• Crusty
              • Dec 2007

OK. So where's the "free lunch"??? NOTHIN IS FREE-!! As the original post in this thread states we "paid religiously" for this equipment (and the "free" software).
              The ability to "save, store review" etc, etc, graphs, movies & frames should be included in any electronic equipment these days, unless the manufacturers are using ancient technology or keep running poorly written software from years ago.
              Ya, there are specs for the computers we buy to run the "free" software, but when we match those specs and the software still doesn't work, or only works sometimes or only partially, it raises the question of "truth in advertising" and then "corporate ethics"

Comment

• scottgroen
                SDE Member
                • Nov 2006

6 months, 2 weeks and counting

I don't come in here much- there's a good reason. Snap On continues to disappoint on this level. SIX MONTHS since my original post and the problem isn't fixed!!!!!!!

Good Grief, Snap On--- COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• DustyAnthony
                  • Nov 2009

Hey, since we are talking about OS, Im ready to update my computer and looks like VISTA is headed out, you guy's just wanna skip that and head for windows 7? Not being a smartass, but you havn't really took to VISTA and now with 7 coming in you guy's could just grasp that from the start and then we could all update and nobody will bitch about trying to get a new computer with an outdated OS. Really, at first I didn't care for vista but I figured it out just as an old mechanic probably hated to see electronic fuel injection come in and take out his carb's. From what I have seen of windows 7 I think we would all like it. Thanks for reading the stuff we put on here, listening to what we put on here and incorporating it rapidly will keep "RED PLASTIC" way out front.

Comment

• aautomaan
                    • Oct 2007

don't worry about trying to fix everyones vista woes to work with ssc. show them how to convert to xp. works great for me. i don't believe its a virtual machine, i believe my buddy that did it completely removed vista and loaded xp. i know it was a pain in the rear for him but he got it figured out and i haven't had any problems now for two years next month...he used to work for a big internet company and now he is out of work in case so is looking for some help.
                    the more i learn, the more i realize what i really don't know
                    http://www.hightechautoandtruck.com/

Geoffrey Bell
                    Master Technician
                    Dale City, VA

Comment

• simo2k
                      • Jun 2010

hi all

yeah im on win 7 64 bit and can confirm ssc wont work with it even in xp mode.

Comment

Working...