Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

BCM Setup with tech 2 win

I found another limitation with the Tech 2 Win application. I'm not sure if this is because of the PTP II or if this would also be with an MDI. I had a request to activate the cruise control option in a 2010 Chevy Cobalt. There is a rather easy way to add OEM cruise control to a cobalt that was not equipped with that option. This requires activating that option in the BCM however. When I went to BCM setup the screen below is what I got. I had no problem doing the setup with an actual Tech 2, so I know it wasn't a problem with the vehicle. The tech 2 win did not have any communication problems when addressing any of the modules individually.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by greasybob; 12-13-2012, 03:53 PM.
  • eddiesverus
    • Dec 2008

I'll look into this, as I have the MDI and using Bosch's M-VCI. I use the Wintech2 a lot with both interfaces but on different PC's. Once I've tried it I will post back. but as for me I've never yet seen this problem, yes once in a while I'll get a no com or wrong module selection, but I just retry and it works fine.
    Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

The limitations on GM module setup with Tech 2 Win and a PTP 2 may be with CAN vehicles. I had a new BCM install on an 02 Monte Carlo and was able to complete the procedure including VIN entry with my lap top and the PTP 2. One thing I've noticed is that renewing subscription for Tech 2 Win does not always go smoothly. Usually nag messages that the device is not recognized or no communication. What seems to work best is to have the PTP 2 hooked up to a vehicle and have the vehicle running and have the application Tech 2 Win application open and as the back screen for the software renewal, then you can view the process on the tech 2 screen and see if it stalls out or completes.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...