What type of Additional Software are you Running?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • komobu
    • Feb 2009

What type of Additional Software are you Running?

What type of additional software are you using on your verus? I dont want it to get all cluttered with software and slow the pc way down, but I am wondering about running Ford IDS or Tech2Win. I could also see maybe MS Word or Excell. What types of software are you using on your verus?
  • astrotech
    • Jun 2012

On our Verus we are running Tech2win, GDS2.
    I can have the GM service information site open and the verus multimeter open, and be listening to the radio on the verus all at the same time.

Comment

• eddie8
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by komobu
      What type of additional software are you using on your verus? I dont want it to get all cluttered with software and slow the pc way down, but I am wondering about running Ford IDS or Tech2Win. I could also see maybe MS Word or Excell. What types of software are you using on your verus?
      I have the ATS escan, the ross tech vagcom and a couple of information systems installed on my Verus. I have an older unit and it doesnt slow it down. I did however install the toyota tech stream on it but have since removed it as the updates for the Verus keep getting better and better. Im also trying to figure out how i can plug my Verus into my Mr. coffee coffee maker and try the special functions test to be able to initialize a cup of coffee....but im not able to communicate that way.......
      Edwin Hazzard
      Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• eddiesverus
        • Dec 2008

I use GM TIS2WEB for programing, Use Tech2Win, GDS2, E-Scan, I Was running Bosch ShopforemanPro and the Mastertech VCI, But I unistalled it because it was incompatible to GDS2. Also I'm running Honda HDS with the HIM and MVCI. My Verus is been great since Ive had it. Love it..
        Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• longhungsilver
          • Oct 2013

sorry to drag up on old post but I stumbled upon this and am a little confused.

I understand that if you connected a pass thru you could use gm TIS2WEB...But I didnt realize you could use the GDS2 software without an MDI or are you plugging the MDI into the Verus? Also how would you use the verus to use the IDS? Plugging a VCM 2 into it will work?

Comment

• eddie8
            • Mar 2008

Ok to answer your questions.
            The guys at drew technologies have figured out a way to use their interface to be able to run the tech2win and the gds2 software. If you load the software on a pc or even the verus and use the cardaq interface then you will have a factory gm scan tool

If you want to run the ford ids you will have to get a vcm1 or vcm2 and load the ids software on a pc or the verus if you choose.

Both gm and ford software is obtained through a subscription.
            Hope that helps.
            Edwin Hazzard
            Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• Orevin
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by eddie8
              The guys at drew technologies have figured out a way to use their interface to be able to run the tech2win and the gds2 software. If you load the software on a pc or even the verus and use the cardaq interface then you will have a factory gm scan tool
              While you can install and run Tech2Win on a Verus, it's no fun to use with a error message like this popping up frequently:

20130926-1041-1.jpg

If you want to run the ford ids you will have to get a vcm1 or vcm2 and load the ids software on a pc or the verus if you choose.

Both gm and ford software is obtained through a subscription.
              Hope that helps.
              -Kai-
              Chicago, IL

Comment

• eddie8
                • Mar 2008

I get that message on my laptop every once in awhile. I just click ok and it resumes its normal operation.
                Edwin Hazzard
                Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• longhungsilver
                  • Oct 2013

Originally posted by eddie8
                  The guys at drew technologies have figured out a way to use their interface to be able to run the tech2win and the gds2 software. If you load the software on a pc or even the verus and use the cardaq interface then you will have a factory gm scan tool.
                  Any idea If this works with a pass thru pro 2 as well since they are almost the same(and I have one), And what Interface are you talking about installing?

I'm mostly curious about using the GDS2 software. Not a big call for it yet but eventually there will be. Would be nice to not need a MDI

As a side note I just noticed in the J2534 toolbox that the cardaqm supports GDS2 and the cardaq plus will be supported soon. I believe the plus is identical to the snap on pass thru pro2. Still not sure if the snap on will support it tho.

Comment

• eddie8
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by longhungsilver
                    Any idea If this works with a pass thru pro 2 as well since they are almost the same(and I have one), And what Interface are you talking about installing?

I'm mostly curious about using the GDS2 software. Not a big call for it yet but eventually there will be. Would be nice to not need a MDI

As far as I know drew tech is the only one who has developed there pass through device. I havent heard of other pass thru devices working yet.

The cardaq-m is the device that works on the gds2 setup.
                    Edwin Hazzard
                    Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• longhungsilver
                      • Oct 2013

Thanks for the info. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Wouldn't be surprised if the snap on pass thru supports it eventually.

Comment

Working...