Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ExpertTools
    • Jul 2014

Verus Won't Start

I just bought a used Verus, it's about a 3 year old unit. It worked fine when I bought it.

I had it updated today to 14.2 by my dealer. It seemed to boot OK, and showed a desktop. Then after about 30 seconds of starting to load the diagnostic software, it shut down. I suspect the battery just ran out, or was loose. Anyway, after plugging the unit in, it will not start.

When you push the "on" button, it seems to power up for about 1 second, then immediately shuts down.

Any advice???
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I would charge battery fully overnight and retry. If it does the same thing , try removing the battery and then plug in external power source, and try it again.Most laptops can be started up without the battery in it if the external power supply is plugged in.

Comment

• ExpertTools
      • Jul 2014

After some fiddling, I got it to start, everything is fine now.

What ended up working was inserting the battery with the power button held down, while the unit was NOT plugged in or docked. Granted this may not be the best thing to do...but it worked.

I had previously tried to start it under battery power; with battery in and the unit docked, with battery out and the unit docked...all to no avail.

Comment

Working...