Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickb_ltr
    • Apr 2014

2012 Audi Q7 Service interval reset

I'm hoping some of you Audi guys may be able to help me. I have a 2012 Audi Q7 3.0L (G) and I am trying to figuer out how to reset the service interval reset light. I reset set the oil life with no problem but not sure where to go in my VERUS to reset the service interval. I looked in expert mode but was unsure of where to go. It's here for its 45,000 mile service. Any input would be very helpful. Thanks, Rick
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Farfignueggen ,The Feeling ya get ,When a Strain of The VAG becomes a PITA

I doubt there's any Audi guys on here unless they have to become one to get the secret code you need to enter to access certain data.
    Maybe you can access feature through vehicle's MMI (Multi Media Interface)? The 2nd video link into it about 3 minutes between 3:07and 3:15 on screen menu, I see a selection for service interval .

I'm working on an 04 Taureg and it is 10 years old but a PITA and I think I'm getting Toureg's Syndrome swearing and cussing randomly (but for good reason)
    Last edited by Witsend; 08-21-2014, 08:35 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

• Foden
      • Mar 2011

audi service reset

hi m8 can you check the existing service reset values in the service reset menu?
      if so it should show you channel numbers for each of the service items including inspection service etc.
      I have seen the oil reset done ok but its the inspection service that still pops up as this also needs reset.
      the next step after you have noted down the various channel numbers you need to change for inspection etc is to go into expert mode and enter adaptation menu once there enter that channel number.
      change the value and remember to save that value and ok etc as per instructions on verus.
      then go back and recheck your values in normal service reset mode.
      hope this is of some help
      Last edited by Foden; 08-22-2014, 12:46 AM. Reason: adding info

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

like cable TV hundreds of channels and can't find the thing you want to watch

I think it's High time for some new sort of OBD3 government regulations , to demystify, simplify, and provide intuitive, universal accessability , and translation to Reign in the ridiculousness of OEs intentionally making things a PITA for aftermarket to access and service including translation of proprietary lubricants and fluids. Example refrigerant oil ND-8 spec ND-8 for a 7 once can for a Toyota Corroda run you over $20 at dealer , where PAG 46 is virtually identical and about $5 at Oreileys, and other than CVTs and Chryslers, Valvoline Maxlife Dex Merc full synthetic ATF meets the spec of most things out there. My guess is other than the coloring and few trace molecules of zinc, graphite, moly, or teflon added so an OE can call the fluid their own is what most do.
        I think soon, some manufacturers will be cutting off all bidirectional control capability for any aftermarket scan tool from the 16 pin connectors all together, other than a generic code reader or emission test lanes and you will be FORCED to navigate the car's onboard computers through the dash display entering channel codes from a Nazi code book as thick as a bible or buy a dealer scan tool with proprietary designed connector for an intuitive simple menu.
        Last edited by Witsend; 08-22-2014, 08:42 AM. Reason: when one rant ain't enough

Comment

• crackerclicker
          • May 2008

I'm not familiar with Snappy's VW menus, but maybe this UDS/ODX info will help.

Comment

• dgsnap
            • Nov 2009

Go into view existing service reset values check channels 53 and 55
            they have to be zero then go into manual read/write adaption channels
            enter ch 53 then hit ok now enter value 0000 then ok then continue to store adaption . Then do the same to 55 if it needs it

cheers

Comment

Working...