Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warren97053
    • May 2013

COP

I have a modis and a verus pro. I have not been able to get the COP inductive adapters to work for years now. they used to work great but now none of them show up correctly. I never get the spark pattern anymore but if I touch the pick up with my fingers I do get an oscillating waveform. Nothing from the coils.

I have CIC-1, SOI long bar for fords, SOI separate sensors for ford, CIC-2 and I can't get an ignition waveform from any of them.

anything change in the updates?

could use some help
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

See if someone else has a Modis or Vantage Pro to test one of your COP adapters on? My guess is there should be a ground clip lead that attaches to engine that theoretically will route a harmful high voltage spark from an arcing coil to ground other than through the Modis. I know my old SUN engineered Counselor 2 has it. All Sparkplug wire boot pullers should have a wire with a clip coming off the plier handle that you can run to a ground so you don't get zapped by 35KV like your Modis may have got damaged from.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
      Snap-on D&I
      • Nov 2006

It is not likely all of the pickups have gone bad.
      Both of your tools should be able to display a pattern from those pickups.
      Are you using ignition lead EETA309A05A?
      Perhaps it has developed a short or open.
      Is there someone you can borrow one from that is known to work?

Comment

Working...