Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

14.4 Code Scan

Got my Verus updated last week. I've noticed now that when you perform a code scan of all supported modules that the results were not recorded on the vehicle report. They used to be. I hate when the update breaks things. Haven't noticed any other improvements at all. I wish the would post a change log.
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Check out the PDF https://www1.snapon.com/display/1068....4AG_FINAL.pdf

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

Change log.

Thanks Greasybob. I appreciate your help with the link to the 14.4 highlights but that's more or less a sales brochure. I was more interested in the "hidden" changes.. There have been many things that we have requested many times. I guess it's time to resurrect our requests. Such as fixing the file handling of vehicle records, typing comments into saved scanner recordings, saved presets, make the workorder more manageable. There should be a scroll bar etc.....

On another note I really appreciate the quality videos you put up on YouTube. I use them quite often as demonstrations for my students, I know how much time it takes to do that as I have done a few myself. Thanks.

Comment

• phill57
        • Oct 2007

14.4 All Module Scan and Printing

Scanned a 2008 Audi Q7 Sunday. Performed a network scan and since I wasn't sure if the software would populate the results of the scan to the vehicle history report I elected to send the report to my network printer. It printed out 6 pages. The first page had my shop name and vehicle details with over half the page blank. the second page had an overview of the code results from the various computers, followed by the results from the individual controllers on the next 4 pages, double spaced with at around a 16 or 18 font. Total waste of paper. When I went to exit this screen I was prompted if I wanted to clear all codes from all supported controllers. Nice touch, it's about time. Too bad it didn't completely work. The ABS, Transmission and Battery Regulation codes did not clear until I went into the individual controllers and tried that way. Was doing all of this KOEO.

Afterwards I noticed that the codes were populated to the vehicle record. I'm starting to wonder if it only records the codes to the vehicle record if there are codes. Maybe someone from SnapOn can answer that.

The printing of the vehicle report afterwards was 9 pages long with my shop name top and center on every page, most lines double spaced with about about a 1 inch header and 2 inch footer. I think Snap On wants to try to revive the paper industry.

Comment

• phill57
          • Oct 2007

Network code scan not appending to the vehicle record

Well after scanning several other vehicles over the last few days it seems that the network code scan results are only populated to the vehicle record if there are codes to be reported and only the controller that reports the code/s will be listed. I have mixed feelings about that. I think that if there are no codes to report that the report should reflect that a network scan was performed and no codes were retrieved with the date and time of the scan. I'm pretty sure it used to report the scan and say no codes after each module. This is just as important as having a list of the codes by affected module. I always create a vehicle report on the first time I scan a new vehicle. If that same vehicle returns and requires another scan, a week, month or a year from now I can reload the previous vehicle from history and review what codes were retrieved or as mentioned not retrieved. I also would like to see the order reversed if possible, having the most recent scan results populated to the top of the list instead of the bottom where we have to scroll down to view them.

Comment

Working...