• diesel71
    • Feb 2008

sweet

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

What happened to The Athena and The Paratestis
      Last edited by Witsend; 04-19-2018, 05:23 AM.

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

It's kind of handy that it points out relevant TSB's, same as the Zeus. That's about it. That "diagnose" **** is great for misfire codes where any fool would suspect plugs and wires first. It repeatedly has no clue on the actual difficult stuff which is why most folks aren't finding that useful.

Comment

• Glide
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by GypsyR
          It repeatedly has no clue on the actual difficult stuff which is why most folks aren't finding that useful.
          If folks need a scan tool to help them diagnose "the difficult stuff",or do anything other than provide correct data pids and do functional/actuation tests-same stuff as a dealer level scan tool,then IMO,they should reconsider their career choice.
          I didn't get into this trade to become a parts replacer or to have my hand held by a machine.Every time a new tool comes out to make diagnosis easier,or as I say,dumb it down,that's a raise we could have had,and now never will.
          Just my two cents.

Comment

• GypsyR
            • Jul 2017

I'm all for any and all I can get my hands on that will get my car back in the customer's hands ASAP. Tools, info, whatever. If these new scanners could pony up a little extra info that'd be great. All they are doing is enabling the guy who thinks he's a mechanic because he watched a Youtube video.

Speaking of, you guys see the SnapOn video on how to do a relative compression test? It had me looking all over my scanner to see if there was a magic button preset for that I might have missed. Guy hooks up an amp probe to the scanner and that's all you do. Apparently. Zero mention of AC coupling or not, sweep, trigger, etc, all the settings a newbie would need to know and finds confusing. All the blindingly obvious stuff about plugging the probe in and turning the scanner on, and so forth is well covered. Not a single setting mentioned though. So the entire video is an utterly useless waste.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
              • Jan 2011

Excellent point's GypsyR and Glide . Unfortunately that's what wrong with the youth of today. They want everything handed to them.

IMO the techs are not ponying up for the scan tool or diagnostic equipment and the shops don't want to invest in the latest tool to be obsolete in 6 months.

To me it seems the only way to go after that market is to hold there hand and do everything short of the Physical labor.

I was talking with my old boss and he was telling me how he can't find any one with actual diagnostic experience. These new cars are only getting more complex.

Comment

Working...