Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bughood
    • Aug 2012

Verus vs Verus pro monitor display.

I'm disappointed in the new Verus pro. The dealer didn't prepare me for what I was in for when I traded up. Since they were going to give me more on trade than what I paid for my Verus I didn't think I could go wrong.
    (1) The screen itself is smaller, which isn't that big of a deal since I display it to a tv except when on a test drive.
    (2) When displayed to a tv the top 2" and bottom 2" are not used. In other words they also made my display smaller which didn't make me happy. Snap-On knows about this problem and says nothing can be done about it at this time.
    (3) In order to display to a monitor or tv I needed to buy a docking station. Another expense I wasn't planning on.
    I guess I'm mostly frustrated because this is supposed to be the next great thing and I kinda feel I'm getting less.
    On a positive note I do love how much lighter it is and being wireless with no more keys, except in a few cases, is awesome.
    I don't like being negative and always look for the positive. If I didn't I probably would have given it back and told him where he could put it.
    Again that is just a part of me that hates change. I'll get over it.
    Have a great day
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Hey I still have an old Square flat screen CRT Television that does the same damn things playing DVDs , where it never had that problem renting VCR tapes . Guess I better check Craigslist Curb alerts for bigger CRT TV than I got if I expect the same amount of viewing area I used to have.
    Glad you got a positive attitude too.

Comment

• bughood
      • Aug 2012

I did go bigger. Went from a 24" to a 32" and took that tv home. Guess I needed an excuse to buy another tv so I could have one at home

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

I think the docking station for the Verus Pro will end up being a good thing to have in the hutch if not for the trick looks, at least when the Novelty of the new wears off, you'll have the piece of mind that Verus Pro it is not likely to be to be found laying on it's back in spilled oil or coffee, though I would think Verus pro at least incorporates at no extra cost option a little bracket that folds out the back like an old MT2500 has, but you have to dig it out of the recess in the back every time you want to prop it upright, and we don't do it
        I wonder how many guys would just rather have a Verus Pro on a Partition of a $300 Best Buy laptop with Windows 7 Pro installed so you can knock the sh@t of cheap laptop that you can then install it on a newer laptop every 3 years when you update. Makes way more economic sense to me.
        Last edited by Witsend; 10-09-2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• longhungsilver
          • Oct 2013

wonder how many guys would rather have a Verus Pro Partition on a $300 Best Buy laptop with Windows 7 Pro installed . Makes way more sense to me."

Bingo. Let's start a head count on that idea.

Comment

• Modis500
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by longhungsilver
            wonder how many guys would rather have a Verus Pro Partition on a $300 Best Buy laptop with Windows 7 Pro installed . Makes way more sense to me."

Bingo. Let's start a head count on that idea.
            Start a poll on a new thread! They might take your input for the future... You never know
            "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
            Zig Ziglar

Comment

• longhungsilver
              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Modis500
              Start a poll on a new thread! They might take your input for the future... You never know
              Good call. Its up

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

If scanners become Laptop based program will just shut off after expiration

Guys You think that would be great, and I'm sure they could fit Mitchell on Demand , All Data , and Verus on a single partition to be used forever whenever we feel like using it , but I'm almost certain if it becomes laptop based it will be a "married" information - diagnostic subscription based program that will have a menu and be dependant on high speed cable internet connection or smart phone connection to download not just one key but a multitude of ever changing encrypted keys to access and use of the Married Mitchell Information and Snap On Diagnostic Program, along with The optional Pico based USB Vantage or Verus Ultra subscription based program. One year goes by you might be allowed to pull Generic OBD codes but no bidirectional . LOL Bend Over, if it don't work right then it's probably a problem on your laptop's end.
                Sure it could be way faster, but the more I think about it , at least physical Verus you bought now for 10 G may still be worth 3 G in working order in three years with old software and not just be turned off after a year subscription and have a worthless nagging expired program like Norton Anti Verus 2011 LOL
                If you run a larger shop with Wi Fi and Running the subscription Mitchell information system- a reasonably priced Beta version of a diagnostic subscription ran off a good server where 3 mechanics are simultaneously working using Kindle Fires with a Scanner apt that makes them full feature scanners might fly
                Last edited by Witsend; 10-09-2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Working...