Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autojoe
    • Oct 2012

Scanner shopping

I have a solus pro that the software is outdated. I was looking at a solus ultra and a ethos tech. Do you think the solus ultra would have more capabilities? Any thoughts? Thanks for your time.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I think you can use all the OBD1 connectors from your Solus Pro with the Solus Ultra, but the Ethos Tech might require the different later style OBD1 connector kit that the Solus Edge uses.

Comment

• Tech_A
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by autojoe
      I have a solus pro that the software is outdated. I was looking at a solus ultra and a ethos tech. Do you think the solus ultra would have more capabilities? Any thoughts? Thanks for your time.
      Ultra also comes with troubleshooter information, which is also available in your pro. Trouble shooter may consists of quick tips, condensed repair information, filtered pid lists and some nominal values.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
        Snap-on D&I
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by autojoe
        You can do an initial comparison of tools here if you haven't already:

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

If buying used , I try to get as much bang for the buck as possible.( be careful you don't blow you b@lls off playing with Chinese Fireworks.) I mainly bought a used Chinese platform because I'm a Known Cheap Bottom Feeder Bastard ,and also wanted to cover my @ss with the included J2534 and the strong European coverage it comes with standard. It works pretty decent for a lot of things, but then some nice high tech features don't always work as planned and makes you crazy second guessing yourself and wasting time trying to correct or compensate. If you have time and patience in a low pressure shop, use it semi professionally and don't need your hand held , you really can't complain about what you still getting for the money even though the software may have allegedly taken a hit or two since The Ford Lawsuit.
          Last edited by Witsend; 01-24-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...