Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maddarren
    • Mar 2014

Just fitted ssd in Verus Pro

hi I have just installed ssd on my verus pro I used acronis true image to clone the drive (that took about 45 minutes but fitting the drive only took about 10 mins) there are ten screws on the back they are all the same size take them all out the back comes away from the front, there are 2 sets of wires to un plug once you have done this put the back to one side, there are four screws holding the hdd in remove them turn it over carefully not to damage the ribbon there is a piece of sticky tape holding the connection to the hdd remove it unplug the hdd plug in your cloned ssd put it all back together. my verus pro now boots ready to use in 58 secs it runs much faster and 100% battery = eight and a half hours.
    Last edited by maddarren; 04-01-2014, 11:43 AM.
  • pcdoc2001
    • Apr 2014

Which SSD will fit my verus

Hi, I have a wireless Verus and I love it. I have had an issue where if I leave the Verus running while on the charging station all day it has problems connecting to the wireless scan module when I hook it to the car. I just fire it up when I need it and shut down when I don't. Faster boot times would be great though. is the Hard drive the 2.5" like normal laptops and how big a drive will the bios recognize? How do i get into bios to set up the new drive or will it auto sense and configure the new drive like my laptop did? Thanks in advance if you take the time to answer me. Joe

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by pcdoc2001
      Hi, I have a wireless Verus and I love it. I have had an issue where if I leave the Verus running while on the charging station all day it has problems connecting to the wireless scan module when I hook it to the car. I just fire it up when I need it and shut down when I don't. Faster boot times would be great though. is the Hard drive the 2.5" like normal laptops and how big a drive will the bios recognize? How do i get into bios to set up the new drive or will it auto sense and configure the new drive like my laptop did? Thanks in advance if you take the time to answer me. Joe
      The drive is a 2.5" SATA. I presently have a 500gb Samsung SSD in mine that works well. The reason I use one this large is I copy my Shopkey dvd's to it
      for when I don't have internet access and need info. The DVD option costs more but is worth it for this reason. I just cloned my old drive with the latest Acronis software at the time and installed it and everything went fine.
      For cloning, I advise using a desktop computer, and put your old drive as is up for safekeeping - you'll be glad you did.
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• grimspaz
        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by maddarren
        hi I have just installed ssd on my verus pro I used acronis true image to clone the drive (that took about 45 minutes but fitting the drive only took about 10 mins) there are ten screws on the back they are all the same size take them all out the back comes away from the front, there are 2 sets of wires to un plug once you have done this put the back to one side, there are four screws holding the hdd in remove them turn it over carefully not to damage the ribbon there is a piece of sticky tape holding the connection to the hdd remove it unplug the hdd plug in your cloned ssd put it all back together. my verus pro now boots ready to use in 58 secs it runs much faster and 100% battery = eight and a half hours.
        can you guve a part number for thevdrive you used? Also, how did you attach the two drives to the computer to clone them??

Comment

• maddarren
          • Mar 2014

Toshiba

The drive I used is a Toshiba 256 gb part number THNSNH256GBST I connected the ssd via a usb caddy and the original drive stays in the verus pro and I used acronis to clone thanks for your interest

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Ram and SSD drive upgrades

Really happy to hear folk are taking the initiative and Jail Breaking the hardware limitations of these tools. The internals are not some triple chrome plated Cheddar Mystery Chips made in Kenosha , any more than there is a Farmer in any Dell because Silicon Valley has long been farmed out to China, Korea, Taiwan, and Malaysia.
            Don't be afraid to give the old gal some new Silicon Implants.
            Just hope The Bean Counters don't tell the DSDs (Diagnostic Software Developers) instead of filling in the holes in 10 year old repair software to waste time to write code that would throw a Snap ON Wrench into any attempt to upgrade drives and ram and just enclose all the electronic boards drives and such in a block of Chinese C-4 plastique and just tell us folk it provides superior heat dissipation and shock absorption .

Comment

• maddarren
              • Mar 2014

Memory 4gb upgrade

I have now fitted 4gb of memory only to find out that it is restricted to 2gb in the bios I've been looking around for a bios upgrade but haven't found one.

Comment

• bkoso1985
                • Feb 2013

I'm in the middle of this right now. I have the USB to SATA plug and I have both hard drives removed, the old one and new SSD. My question is do I first plug in the old hard drive and does it copy it to my laptop via the cloning program or how does this work?

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

I would pay a computer expert to do it while I watch You should keep in mind any drives and memory modules belong in anti static bags and be handled with care. I'm sure you could google how to use cloniing software.
                  My guess is the protected encrypted part of the drive you are attempting to image might be a protected element that a Windows based PC is simply going to throw a Snappy Anti Tamper, Triple Square, Farfiggnugen Witworth Wrench into the process , so it probably won't take.
                  My computer Geek friend uses a custom built tower with custom built drives, that uses Linux Mint using open source software to do what He wants programs to do, not what Windows 7 or Windows 8 will allow him to do.

Comment

Working...