Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heartland
    • Oct 2008

97 Chevy K1500 Suburban, TCC operation

TCC operation is erratic or doesn't engage. The brake switch has been replaced but is changing from open to closed engaging and disengaging TCC. Doesn't turn the cruise control off and brake lights do not come on when this is occuring, brake lights work normally when pedal is applied. There are no codes. Any help would be appreciated.
  • eddiesverus
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by heartland
    TCC operation is erratic or doesn't engage. The brake switch has been replaced but is changing from open to closed engaging and disengaging TCC. Doesn't turn the cruise control off and brake lights do not come on when this is occuring, brake lights work normally when pedal is applied. There are no codes. Any help would be appreciated.
    Have you checked the stoplamp operation? it sounds like you may have a wiring related problem. input to the pcm, follow wire schematic and locate pcm pin for brake input. backprobe PCM at this point and check for a voltage change when applying brake. if there is a change then PCM is bad. if there is no change then look for a open or loose connection. good luck.
    Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

The brake lights are not an indication of the TCC/Brake circuit working on that truck. They are completely different circuits, even though they are on the same switch. Diagnose the brake swith input to the PCM to find the answer to your problem.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• heartland
        • Oct 2008

Thank you, I believe I have found problem with the purple wire from the brake switch to pin 10 of the black connector on the pcm. I haven't had a chance to repair the wire but will post something as soon as I do. This is a different circuit than the brake lights and is just shown in the transmission circuit.
        Last edited by heartland; 09-27-2009, 11:58 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

• heartland
          • Oct 2008

Replaced the purple wire from brake light switch to VCM, this wire also goes to pin D of the cruise control module so I had to wire to there also. TCC is working properly now and no funny glitches in brake circuit on scan tool.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
            Snap-on DSD
            • Aug 2007

Replaced the purple wire from brake light switch to VCM, this wire also goes to pin D of the cruise control module so I had to wire to there also. TCC is working properly now and no funny glitches in brake circuit on scan tool.
            Cool.
            Glad it worked out.
            "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
            Henry Ford

Comment

Working...