Ford FJDS and MS-CAN module programming?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metroplex
    • Jul 2019

Ford FJDS and MS-CAN module programming?

I heard that if I use a J2534 pass-thru device with Ford FJDS and an active license, that I cannot program modules on the MS-CAN bus even with J2534-2 compliance. Modules on MS-CAN that I'm interested in are Driver Door Module (DDM) and Passenger Door Module (PDM) on a 2017 Ford Fusion. Is there any truth to this? Do I need VCMII with IDS/FJDS to program modules on MS-CAN? PCM, BdyCM, IPC, and TCM appear to be on HS-CAN which can be programmed with J2534 and FJDS.
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

Did you ever find out the answer? I'm curious to know. Thanks.

Comment

• metroplex
      • Jul 2019

I never did find out. No one has tried the combo of VCM2 with FJDS. I ended up using VCM2 with IDS to reprogram all of the modules. I didn't want to waste $50 to experiment with FJDS. I did learn that FORScan works with VCM2 as a J2534 pass-through, and heard FORScan is working on a beta that allows the programming of modules for updating calibration, etc...

Comment

• metroplex
        • Jul 2019

I used an aftermarket J2534 pass through device with FJDS and was able to access all the modules (HS-CAN and MS-CAN).

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
          • Apr 2011

I was certain that would happen with the aftermarket program and tool. Either way, glad it all worked out and now we all have an answer for this question.

Comment

Working...