Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evergreenauto
    • May 2015

repair team stole my property...

if you send your unit in for repair you better remove any upgrades first. I sent my verdict in for a BSOD thinking the SSD i installed was kaput and i forgot to make an image after my recent update. i sent it in to verify it and they told me it was just a bad battery and scan module. I opted for the 6 cell battery and some 600 dollars later I get my unit back and immediatly notice its not my original unit. The screen is much darker and dimmer and the programs i installed are gone, i look into system properties and my memory is back to stock and the drive is the old toshiba mechanical drive. I called and they said they remove anything not factory and discard it....excuse me but that was my property and i'd like to have it back...the response was basically "too bad that's how we do it" im waiting on my rep to get up with his people to resolve this but meanwhile i'm not a happy camper.
  • David Green
    • Oct 2009

Last week I signed a contract with my local snap on rep to buy a ScanGas, which I thought was a 5 gas but the rep did not make it clear. The rep told me that the ScanGas was brand new and had recently been calibrated, I had no cause to question him. I was told the internal battery would require charging, so I read the booklet that came with it and charged the battery as instructed, the following day I tried to use the ScanGas and it would not work.

I spoke to my rep the following morning and he advised he would look into it next week, this was last Tuesday. The rep contacted some company that calibrate these ScanGas machines and because it was a local company I was asked to drop it in, so I did and they advised they would have to send it to their head office. Thursday I received a phone call advising the ScanGas has a fault on the board, which required a new board. I asked how can that be possible my local Snap On rep has just told me it is a brand new unit and recently calibrated?

The repairers checked the unit and advised me that it is indeed 13 years old. I initially thought the ScanGas just required a new O2 cell installing, but turned out much more.

Comment

• evergreenauto
      • May 2015

looks like Snap-On tools needs to be renamed "hang on" tools cause were going for a ride...lol

Comment

• David Green
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by evergreenauto
        looks like Snap-On tools needs to be renamed "hang on" tools cause were going for a ride...lol
        This is not a ride LOL, it's an adventure

Comment

• evergreenauto
          • May 2015

so all they will do is reimburse me the 150 i had tied up in the upgrades but I'm still sending it back to have the screen fixed.

Comment

Working...