Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • accurate2814
    • Jan 2008

93 F250 scanner communication problems

Hello. I am new to this site. I am having a problem with a 93 F250 with a 4.9. I just have a 2500 scanner. I can read data stream on this veh but can not do a koer or koeo self test to retrieve codes. The check engine light is on. When I try to do the tests the scanner says to refer to reference manual if no responce in 60 sec. It just stays on that screen and nothing happens. Acouple of times it would tell me to snap throttle but again not continue from there. any help would be appreciated. thanks, jeremiah
  • David G. Gallegos
    • Oct 2008

check the fuses and for power at eec iv

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

How long are you waiting? If you get to the part where it tells you to snap the throttle, then it is likely commanding the test. Sometimes it takes a minute or two to complete the test, and the scanner screen appears to do nothing. Try waiting a couple of minutes, and if that doesn't do it, make sure you have a good connection at the EEC-IV connector (from scanner to the truck). The were notorious for having bad connections here in the rust belt. Now there aren't any more left here.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
        Now there aren't any more left here.

Joe
        Not so fast with that statement Joe! Last week I had a OBDI Ford! I had to take DLC apart and clean it then everything worked fine, as you said they are notorious for that.

Steve

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Steve6911
          Not so fast with that statement Joe! Last week I had a OBDI Ford! I had to take DLC apart and clean it then everything worked fine, as you said they are notorious for that.

Steve
          I bet I haven't plugged into 5 pre-'96 cars in the last 2 years. They lay down so much road salt here in the snow belt that my '97 Altima is ready for the bone yard. The strut towers are soft enough to put a screwdriver through them. Isn't that a shame? When I travel south I'm always jealous of the old iron they can still drive.

Joe
          "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
          Henry Ford

Comment

Working...