Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdsmt
    • Dec 2006

6.4 update kit

When I purchased my Solus I had it updated to 6.4, This was 3.5 weeks ago and I still have not received my update kit ie; books, cd's and key 24. They where to shipped to me. I called Snap On customer support and they said to ask my dealer, he has not received them either. Is it normal to take this long?
  • MasterWrench
    • Oct 2006

I have not got the one from 6.2 yet...LOL It must be lost in space. I have 6.4 now for a couple weeks and have not got the kit for it yet either.....
    MasterWrench

Comment

• Jesse James
      • Aug 2006

It definitely should not take that long for you to receive your update kit(s). Please call the customer care hotline at 800-424-7226 and let them know what's transpired since your last call.
      James Jesse
      Data Management Lead
      EBI/Shop Key
      Snap-on Diagnostics
      Lincolnshire, Il

Comment

• MasterWrench
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Jesse James
        It definitely should not take that long for you to receive your update kit(s). Please call the customer care hotline at 800-424-7226 and let them know what's transpired since your last call.
        LOL.....I called. They said take it up with my dealer.....

6.4 was purchased on 11/28/06
        6.2 was last spring
        MasterWrench

Comment

• Daddyo
          SDE Member
          • Oct 2006

And How - LOL
          I remember getting a update for modis and pc link would not work because it changed all the setting , but guess what no new instruction about the change , dealer new nothing , never did get update info , wait we did get 1 package a few months later for 1 location , but we updated 2 units , 1 at each location. they need to get better at getting info to the customer in a timelly fashion.
          Last edited by Daddyo; 12-21-2006, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• MasterWrench
            • Oct 2006

My dealer came by today and said he has the 6.4 stuff at his house. He forgot to put it on the truck though. I also ordered PC Link from him so I am curious as to how this is all going to come together. Maybe I'll get the instructions.......
            MasterWrench

Comment

• rdsmt
              • Dec 2006

I received an update kit today but I don't know if it is the right one, It comes with two Modis books and I have an Solus. Also it did not come with the 3 missing keys (K21, K22 and K23). I was talking to another dealer about this and he opened a brand new Solus with 6.4 and it came with the missing keys. Also customer service states that it should of came with them. My dealer states they are optional and I also called the local branch to talk to his boss and never received a reply. Poor customer service if you ask me.

Comment

• john4842
                SDE Member
                • Oct 2006

hum

sound's like time for new dealer.

Comment

• MasterWrench
                  • Oct 2006

My dealer will be here today. I will ask him about the keys and kit. I will update this after he comes in......
                  MasterWrench

Comment

• MasterWrench
                    • Oct 2006

My dealer brought in my kit today. It did not have the keys in it but he says he knows that they DO come with it. He said he is going to get me them.....
                    MasterWrench

Comment

• rdsmt
                      • Dec 2006

I am changing jobs and will be in a different dealers area, so I am tempted to give the dealer I am having trouble back the scanner and purchase one from the new dealer. My new dealer is the one that opened a new 6.4 Solus and we checked if it came with the keys and it does. I will be calling the district office about the keys and see if I receive any results before returning it. Also I checked about the update kit and the only difference between the Solus and Modis kit is the Modis kit comes with two extra manuals.

Comment

• john4842
                        SDE Member
                        • Oct 2006

sound's

sound's like your on the right track,your key's are more than likey on ebay.

Comment

• Nick
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by john4842
                          sound's like your on the right track,your key's are more than likey on ebay.

I hate to think thats even possible. However you may be right.
                          Mechanic-Instructor-Mobile Trouble Shooter

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• Transman
                            SDE Member
                            • Oct 2006

I got my key, manuals, and cd's in about a week. Transman
                            We can be right or we can be wrong, But we don't learn from being right!

Comment

• MasterWrench
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Transman
                              I got my key, manuals, and cd's in about a week. Transman
                              Did you get keys or a key? I got key K24 but am missing K21, K22 and K23......
                              MasterWrench

Comment

Working...