Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddiesverus
    • Dec 2008

Ford EVAP test

How many of you techs work on Ford Evap systems? Using your SnapOn scan tools how many of you guys use the EVAP system function test. I know it only checks for large leaks .040" but not the small .020" leak check and It doesent set the EVAP readiness monitor like the GM service Bay test. This is a Great test to start with and verifiy there is a EVAP related Fault. Also when problem is found and fixed its a good test to verify for repairs. Once it passes then a EVAP cold soak function test and a OBD2 Drive cycle to run readiness monitor and quick Mode6 Test to verify repairs. How many of you guys take all this time and use this tests? Same is for GM and any other Vehicle Evap related systems. What's your best way to tackle these systems? Thanks for any feedback.
    Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

Hey Eddie

I attended a seminar last week discussing Ford diagnostic strategies. One of the most useful things I learned (which may be old news to some of you more experienced Ford gurus) is that Ford has a feature to bypass the cold soak: with KOEO, CLEAR CODES, then start vehicle and drive. This tells ECM that a Tech is performing diagnostics, and to bypass all cold soak requirements, and should run all monitors in a given drive cycle. I have not had a chance to perform this myself, but do hope this was accurate info.
    Last edited by sbreland73; 05-31-2011, 10:15 PM. Reason: grammer
    S. Breland

Comment

• Bob's Garage
      • Nov 2007

Link to Ford Cold Soak Time Bypass test

Yes, I agree, the Ford Cold Soak Time Bypass test is great to prove repairs and set the monitor to ready.

Snap-on did a great job on this functional test:

http://productforum.autorepairdata.c...ead.php?t=4927

Thanks, Bob

Comment

Working...